31 Years Ago Today Full Members Cup Final At Wembley

First ever trip to see us at Wembley a mere 12 year old lad I was. Chelsea had a brilliant attack in those days with Dixon, Speedie, Nevin et al. If I remember right, it was on a Sunday too, so it's us to blame for this football on a Sunday bollocks!.

Mad weekend. Scoreboard paddock on the Saturday watching us fight back from 2-0 down to that the next day.

1ghczq.jpg

Still have the programme,top right.

Mad weekend. Scoreboard paddock on the Saturday watching us fight back from 2-0 down to that the next day.
me and my mates were in the corner of the scoreboard,i always remember utd getting a corner and gordan strachan came over to take it while getting grief of the city fans,always remember him giving us the v's,you just wouldn't see that today.

it was a mad 24 hours,up early the next moring to go to London,i remember we pulled off the motorway and went in a pub near Watford,rammed full of blues,also the car parks around Wembley ,it was full of big gangs wandering around looking for fights,you didn't know if they were city or chelsea.

Still got my ticket stub in my collection (£5 Standing Ticket) i kept it thinking it might be the first and last time I'd see City play at Wembley

me and my mates were in the corner of the scoreboard,i always remember utd getting a corner and gordan strachan came over to take it while getting grief of the city fans,always remember him giving us the v's,you just wouldn't see that today..

On a similar note remember Tony Grealish making his debut for us at the swamp. He ran on the pitch straight over to the United road paddock and gave them the wanker hand sign.. then took his position and spent the next 90 minutes trying to decapitate rag players

He'd get a 20 game ban these days

My first trip to Wembley, was only 5... my dad drove a minibus from the city club with his mates taking turns at the wheel. It was no place for a 5 year old but I remember it vividly. Like the rest, we left early, think we were half way home when the final score came through (:

Yeah, I was there.......thought we were going to get the equaliser too.......!!! Remember the massive mob of 'Cool Cats/Guvnors' around Wembley before the match
Also remember quite a number of millwall fans trying to get into our end , kicked off everywhere before the game , not my happiest of memories

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.