3rd divisions North and South

dawlish dave

Back in the time of the 3rd Division being regional some teams must have played in both North and South to balance the number of teams in each.
Q for the stattos on bluemoon, name them as for me I don't have a clue its just something I need to know while we get through the international break.

I'm pretty sure that Coventry City played in the First, Second, Third and Fourth Divisions, as well as Third North, Third South and Premier League.

They are now in League One, having recently been in the Championship, or whatever it was called at that time, and if they carry on their current trajectory, they will be playing in League Two next season.

Thus, in August, if they are indeed relegated, they will have played in all four of the top divisions of English football with ten different names.

it's like the National League,(Conference,as we know it),there is a North and South division,but some of the teams in the North section,well,put it this way I wouldn't like to walk from Chorley,or Manchester area to either of these with a fucking nail in my shoe-Worcester, Gloucester,Nuneaton,Boston,Brackley !! I mean jesus they are hardly "Northern towns" but they gotta play somewhere I suppose !!!

Back in the time of the 3rd Division being regional some teams must have played in both North and South to balance the number of teams in each.
Q for the stattos on bluemoon, name them as for me I don't have a clue its just something I need to know while we get through the international break.
Coventry, Mansfield Town, Port Vale, Shrewsbury Town and Walsall are the teams that have played in both 3rd division north and south.

it's like the National League,(Conference,as we know it),there is a North and South division,but some of the teams in the North section,well,put it this way I wouldn't like to walk from Chorley,or Manchester area to either of these with a fucking nail in my shoe-Worcester, Gloucester,Nuneaton,Boston,Brackley !! I mean jesus they are hardly "Northern towns" but they gotta play somewhere I suppose !!!
It is the old problem of if 4 northern teams get relegated, (or 4 southern) out of the conference, 2 of them have to go into the conference south (or north) divisions. The midlands teams get shafted either way.

It is the old problem of if 4 northern teams get relegated, (or 4 southern) out of the conference, 2 of them have to go into the conference south (or north) divisions. The midlands teams get shafted either way.
It's not always the Midlands teams. Last season Lowestoft were in the conference north. Nearest two games were Corby (113 miles) and Brackley (156 miles). Hardly a surprise that Lowestoft and Corby were relegated!

Until they were relegated last season Lowestoft (in Suffolk) spent a few seasons in National League North.

Yea,as the southern teams tend to fare better than us poor Northerners lol,harsh but true though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.