3rd Feb 1990 - Brightwell ''I just wellied it''

Fuckin hell how many of us were in the stretford end, I couldn't contain myself when the goal went in and got a kick up the arse of a rag!

I was in the Stretford Paddock and also struggled to contain myself. I got winged over the back of my head for celebrating but it was worth it, what a great goal.

Only been in there once for a league game when we'd beaten Newcastle for the LC and the papers were full of both trophies being on the pitch after they had beaten Soton in the fa cup.....Still the same media wankfest even then....

It was horrible in there, much nicer V Luton in the LC replay.
You're right it is/was horrible in there but I'd take it over having cups of piss, spit and coins raining down on me into the K stand paddock ( was that what it was called?)

I was there that day with a couple of united mates in the K stand (I think it was called) right above the city fans.

Jumped up for a few seconds yelling then remembered where I was. To be fair to the united fans, two of them sat right behind me wanted to "fucking leather me you blue ****" but the rest of them nearby calmed them down and I got away okay.

Great day and a superb goal.

Was right in line as it travelled towards the goal and then never saw a thing, just went mental bodies everywhere celebrating like we used to, happy days.
The journey home was very entertaining getting the bus back to fallowfield, was it a 53 from outside White City running fights all the way.

I was only 10 or 11. I'd gone shopping with my mam and dad round Eccles and my mam was dragging it out. "Can I just have a quick look in Dollycraft before we go?"

My dad told her to crack on and we went and sat in his clapped out old banger at the side of Kwik Save listening to Piccadilly radio. Gutted when we heard United were 1-0, he opened the window and sparked up. When Brightwell scored we both went mental. People were looking over to see if we were ok and when my mam came back she checked we weren't fighting because she could see the car moving and hear us shouting and bawling.

I was only 10 or 11. I'd gone shopping with my mam and dad round Eccles and my mam was dragging it out. "Can I just have a quick look in Dollycraft before we go?"

My dad told her to crack on and we went and sat in his clapped out old banger at the side of Kwik Save listening to Piccadilly radio. Gutted when we heard United were 1-0, he opened the window and sparked up. When Brightwell scored we both went mental. People were looking over to see if we were ok and when my mam came back she checked we weren't fighting because she could see the car moving and hear us shouting and bawling.
Brilliant!

First away derby for me but was in the little bit of terracing at the front of what is now the bacon face stand. Very difficult to contain myself, just smiled as did the bloke next to me who I assume was a blue but I was too much of a pussy to ask. I obviously wished I was in the away end but it was brilliant being able to stand and watch it go absolutely mental in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.