3rd Test

i havent had the pleasure of seeing this series but to say vaughn is shit is beyond me. he mabe out of touch or more likely out of confidence but trust me he is a truly talented batsman. there are very few that can hit either side of the wicket as he can. England should be building this guy up not tearing him down

Danish Blue said:
i havent had the pleasure of seeing this series but to say vaughn is shit is beyond me. he mabe out of touch or more likely out of confidence but trust me he is a truly talented batsman. there are very few that can hit either side of the wicket as he can. England should be building this guy up not tearing him down

The England selectors have to be ruthless and pick in form players. Vaughan and Collingwood are out of form. Even Geoffrey Boycott said today that the selectors have practically named Vaughan as captain for next years Ashes series and that's a mistake

Danish Blue said:

If we lose this and the next one we are likely to be 5th in the rankings after being 2nd or close to it for most of the last 5 years.

When Sri Lanka climb abaove us in 2 weeks time the selectors will forget about a man who's batting peaked 5 years ago and let one of the two Africans have a go.

Whilst we have Strauss, Vaughan, Colly and Ambrose in the side we will always be 4th/5th in the world. How Bell was under pressure recently whilst these guys are playing is crazy.

Cook
Key
Bell
KP
Shah
Prior
Flintoff
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson
Panesar

5 bowlers and a top 8 that could rival any in the world. You could even switch Freddie and Broad to take the pressure off Broad's bowling (which will get much better with time).

Dropping Broad today was outrageous.

jay_mcfc said:
Whilst we have Strauss, Vaughan, Colly and Ambrose in the side we will always be 4th/5th in the world. How Bell was under pressure recently whilst these guys are playing is crazy.

Cook
Key
Bell
KP
Shah
Prior
Flintoff
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson
Panesar

5 bowlers and a top 8 that could rival any in the world. You could even switch Freddie and Broad to take the pressure off Broad's bowling (which will get much better with time).

Dropping Broad today was outrageous.

Broad isn't in the clique which England obviously has.

Were England’s selectors made of sterner stuff, they would drop Pietersen for the next Test – or make him captain – to distract him from worshipping at the temple of one. Those royally entertained by his sublime shots will find the suggestion harsh, especially as England had nobody else but he and Collingwood to make the running yesterday. But throwing your wicket away when you have the opposition on toast and are one down in the series is one of the great crimes in cricket and should not go unpunished should England lose this Test.

Derek Pringle in todays telegaph. I couldn't agree more.

Another 80 runs and we might be in with a shout today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.