5 Games Left, Which Players...

Correct

We blew a once in a lifetime opportunity against the rags by tinkering with the team

We’ve got another once in a lifetime opportunity to smash countless records... let’s not throw it away

How many once in a lifetime opportunities are we going to get this year?

Bar Yaya, foden, diaz and bravo, most of the rest have figured throughout the season so are hardly unblooded and unable to perform.

So if we wanted to give a few more experience I don't see how say a team of

Eddy
danilo, stones, laporte, mendy
Gudongan
Kev/ Silva. Diaz/foden
Bernardo Jesus Zivchenko(or sane/sterling)

is being either unfair or unprofessional towards other teams

As long as we kept some core players in the main, the main idea is to progress the squad with regard to the young players and this is the best opportunity we have.

I am confident that team above could stuff huddersfield, southampton, brighton etc.

I hope we see Mendy a couple of times before the end of the season

Seeing as we're going to play some of the teams in and around the relegation zone, I don't think clubs would be too happy if we fielded too many youngsters against their potential rivals.
Fined a Zillion quid without a doubt... and rightly so!!

After all, the “absolute integrity” of the premiership is something that must be seen to remain paramount, and therefor cannot be trifled with in such a carefree manner

Hope you're right but really can't see that one working. They were frightening together at Wigan. I think whichever of the two plays better will stay in the team long term the other will probably leave eventually. At the moment it looks like Laporte has got the edge on Stones. Like I said I hope I'm wrong.
So it didn’t work for one game so that instantly means it’s over?

It takes months for a CB partnership to form. Pep will use Laporte and Stones a lot going forward. Will help our passing game a lot.

Mendy, N’Mecha, & Diaz. Don’t think Foden, at 17, is quite up to too many full first games as yet. He really seemed to struggle with the pace of the game, here at the Etihad, against Basel, in my opinion.

I think what people forget is that many of our players are still playing to clinch World Cup places for their own countries and therefore won't be happy to be cast aside and risk being forgotten.

Strongest team every game.
I agree but maybe winning the league is enough for some, and less game time means less chance of injury for the like of Jesus, Company, Aguero etc

Full strength every time, with those you mention coming off the bench when we have games won.

Anything else and we will just be remembered as another champion, rather than an historical benchmark which could last decades.

The greatest testament to Pep's team is to collect 102 points and go for broke and goals in every game.

Without the pressure, we could be even more ruthless and we need to ensure momentum is still there for next season.

I think a little bit of rotation and young players off the bench could get the job done but we need to be winning all five games...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.