On This Day 27th April 1974: Manchester United 0 Manchester City 1.

Blue5964

On This Day 50 Years Ago:

27th April 1974 Manchester United 0 Manchester City 1

1000007750.jpg

1000007751.jpg

Highlights of the 27th April 1974 Manchester derby Commentary by Gerald Sinstadt.

Inc the aftermath of Denis Law's goal the pitch invasions and some interesting comments from Brian Moore on crowd control.

Big Match:

Quite the experience for a 10 year olds 1st visit to O.T Looking forward to fellow Bluemooners sharing their experiences of the match

Last edited:
Quite the experience for a 10 year olds first visit to Old Trafford Looking forward to fellow Bluemooners sharing their experiences of this match.

Highlights of the 27th April 1974 Manchester derby:

Inc the aftermath of Denis Law's goal the pitch invasions and some interesting comments from Brian Moore on crowd control.

View attachment 116161

man-utd-away-1973-to-74-goal-diagram-769x1024.jpg

Did Utd ever receive any repercussions for this from the FA or is it the 2nd time they have gotten away from not completing a contractual fixture - non of my red school mates have responded to my happy back heel day message?
From a Great Stone School Blue!

Did Utd ever receive any repercussions for this from the FA or is it the 2nd time they have gotten away from not completing a contractual fixture - non of my red school mates have responded to my happy back heel day message?
From a Great Stone School Blue!
IIRC they had to put fencing up around the ground, the result stood as at the abandonment.

Two of us met a mate in the Manchester Arms near Victoria. He'd been on the piss with an Irish rag who was built like a brick out-house and believed our mate had once saved his life.
Dave took advantage and spent the bus journey to the swamp telling rags about pubs near second division grounds.
I left the rag road paddock once it became clear their mutant fans weren't leaving the pitch and was mightily relieved when Mick and Dave got on the special bus back to town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.