On This Day 26th April 1969: FA Cup Final.

Great day out that. My Dad had just got a Super 8 cine camera and we have a very short film of us all around Trafalger Square in our scarves and 'Rosettes' if anyone remembers them. Had a seat about 10 rows up directly level with Nelly as he unleashed the winner. Probably my best memory of City apart from the Semi-Final at Villa Park when i was on the wall at the front of the terraces and Big Mal walked round and shook my hand.

The Pathe news reel didn't show the City goal. You should post this in the Media Discussion thread to show for just how many years the media have been negatively spinning reports on us!
It is strange - but the rest of the report is not spun negatively, It’s in classic Pathe style and talks of Mercers Mighty Men amongst other compliments. I wonder if they contractually could not show it or if using separate cameras - they geneuilnly missed it. (Although they also have a behind the goal camera, so you would think if one missed it the other would have it)

As to the game it is the first City game - perhaps even the first televised game I can remember watching. I watched it at the next door neighbours - they were City fans and at the time my Dad didn’t have much interest in football.

My wife, on the other hand, watched it in Leicester and was bitterly disappointed that day. She can still list the Leicester team of that era. She just heard me listening and pulled a face!

My sister got me a ticket for my 21st birthday and I went down in their Cortina 1600E and came back on the train as they spent the rest of the week-end in London. Great experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.