6 match ban for spitting.Good.

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by oakiecokie, 8 Jan 2018.

1. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Leeds forward Samu Saiz has accepted his six-game ban for spitting in their FA Cup defeat by Newport and apologised for his "inexcusable" actions.

The 26-year-old was sent off by referee Mike Dean in injury time of Sunday's third-round tie at Rodney Parade.

The Spaniard, who will be unavailable until 20 February, has scored nine times in 26 appearances this season.

"I give my word to all those connected to Leeds United that I will learn from this and never repeat it," he said.

At least he`s been honest enough but nice to see the FA finally giving a decent ban for a thoroughly dirty way to treat a fellow professional.

2. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

No excuses dirty bastard

3. Chris in London

Chris in London

I agree completely that spitting is completely gross.

But I don't see that spitting warrants a ban that is twice as long as a leg-breaker tackle that could end somebody's career.

4. karen7

karen7

I struggle with this too,do we make the spitting ban less or a straight red more? i don't know

5. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    Retro ban for A&E then if the Fa want to be consistent....

6. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

You know the rules, Rag players are exempt .

7. Silvas' left eyebrow

Silvas' left eyebrow

Bang on . A huge fine on player would have been better say 100,000. As first offence.
    Some of the ridiculous tackles we have suffered recently warrant 6 match ban to stop dangerous play with intent.

8. SpionBob

SpionBob

I agree. 3 match ban for a 1st offence offence would be fairer but I guess the FA want to make a statement like with racist comments. Luis Suarez got about 8 match ban if I recollect.

9. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Its a shame because apart from playing for the dirty Yaaaaarkshire bastards he is a really good player this lad who could do a job in the PL for some side.

Nice to see him accept his wrongdoing and apologise.

10. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Yes but he was a racist aswell I'd have given him 12 months:-) jokes aside if someone spit in my face he'd be attending a&e