8 points ahead of where we were last season.

Marvin

Last season after 26 games we had 47 points and Leicester were top on 53.

We have 55 points now.

Also worth noting that the goals against is almost identical. We have conceded 1 more goal this season.

Interesting that, from memory we started both seasons well and we dipped about the same time. Last year we never really got right back on our game and ended up coasting home with 4th sealed on the last day.

This year we have come back strong and seem to be as good in attack now as the opening games. Lets hope we kick on now and finish strong in the league we don’t want to be scrapping for 3rd / 4th / 5th while still battling for cups.

To be honest the points difference is evidence of an improvement on the field but I would of expected that from any manager coming in this year based on the players we had.

Ive been more impressed how Pep has come in established a style of play, got the team working harder and much fitter and the speed in which we play compared to the pedestrian style of previous seasons.

It still seems impossible to believe this same set of players, who were bottom of all the running stats with Aston Villa last year, are now running 3km more than a Sunderland side who put some serious effort into yesterdays game.

Makes me also frustrated thinking about last season and the obvious lack of effort by the players which stemmed from an equally disinterested manager.

Last edited:
Makes me frustrated too, knowing what talent and hard work can be gotten of of those same players. The owners need take note for when we are hiring managers in future

8 points off the leaders spooky. :-) We didnt make the points up last year and it would be an extraordinary feat to do so this year.

what impresses me most is our running stat. even though we have the majority of the ball, we also are on par with the running stats of the team chasing the ball

Looking at the rest of our fixtures i'll think we'll break 80 points, which is a huge difference to last season and something we've only ever managed twice in this era (title wins).

It's obvious on the pitch that we are playing with a higher intensity and with a much clearer game plan and are just an all round better team.

The next few matches are absolutely crucial to whether we can put some pressure on Chelsea. Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all in a row, if we are still in touch after those games the fixtures afterwards are very kind.

There were games end of last year where we should have had more than 1 point from as well.

I think it shows just how much the top clubs have reacted this season. What's impressed me this season is the togetherness of the squad, there's a fight about us and a genuine hunger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.