8 points clear

We should be able to rest them for the last CL game too.

De Bruyne should start and get booked against Feyenoord and come off at half time. Silva should not be seen in the CL till the last 16. Gundogan & Bernardo and hopefully Foden & Diaz should all play some big minutes in the next two CL games.

Certainly not counting my chickens yet. Stones or Otamendi would be a big loss. As would Delph currently. Not to mention Fernandinho.

Having said that, we've played & beat the teams in 4th,5th,6th,7th,8th&9th with an aggregate of 20-1 according to football365.
So continue anywhere near this form and we'll be hard to catch.
Leicester away will be tricky. Especially if Otamendi & Delph are missing. Pass that test and the next 3 are very winnable.

I agree. Leicester the toughest in theory, but they were refreshingly fucking hopeless at the back v Stoke & if they do the same v us, they are toast.

On points earned so far, Chelsea Spurs and United are on track to get 79/80 points (2.09 per game), if they continue with the same form for the whole of the season. I think it is fairly reasonable to assume this will continue with maybe one of them doing better.

We are currently on track to get 107. However it is unrealistic to expect the points per game so far for us to continue.

To get 81 points our form could go as low as 1.85 per game going forward, on a par with how Arsenal and Liverpool have done so far. If we have the form of the Rags/Chelsea/Spurs going forward we will end up on around 87 points.

From what I have seen, I don't think it is unrealistic to expect us to achieve that and for me that would be plenty enough.

Only Injuries are a threat for me. We are just a level above everyone else so far and it seems the other top 5 are taking points off each other which is great news for us!

I agree. Leicester the toughest in theory, but they were refreshingly fucking hopeless at the back v Stoke & if they do the same v us, they are toast.

Yep, watched parts of that, they were very porous through the middle, where we thrive.
But the hoof and Vardy is a concern. I guess if Otamendi is out, we might see Walker at centre half. Delph, Walker, Stones & Danilo is a very mobile defence and all well drilled in our style. Mangala could be a revelation or a disaster, never know with that poor lad.

I hope so. Past title winning seasons have been fraught. Have to be confident.

Two potential problems: Injury to defenders / key players like KDB & someone like Man Utd, Chelsea etc might go on a long winning run and start to challenge. It seems unlikely now.

I think it is realistic to include Utd and Chelsea as challengers,for sure,however my views on those 2 are simple in my eyes,Chelsea are going to have too many internal fall outs,and Utd are simply not good enough,and I mean that,as soon as they played anyone half decent this season I said this winning run would come to an end,it only leaves Spurs to chase us down,and the further they go in CL will scupper any chances they have of doing so

Leicester away will be tricky. Especially if Otamendi & Delph are missing. Pass that test and the next 3 are very winnable.
You can't count it's the next four after Leicester that are straightforward.

Yep, watched parts of that, they were very porous through the middle, where we thrive.
But the hoof and Vardy is a concern. I guess if Otamendi is out, we might see Walker at centre half. Delph, Walker, Stones & Danilo is a very mobile defence and all well drilled in our style. Mangala could be a revelation or a disaster, never know with that poor lad.

I would feel more comfortable seeing that lineup rather than the Mangler.

You can't count it's the next four after Leicester that are straightforward.

I would love us to rip them a new arsehole. I actually think though it may be better long term, or certainly worse for them if their shit bag manager parks the bus and escapes with a 0-0. Their fans would really be embarrassed about cheering a home draw and an 8-10 point gap...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.