8 points clear

It always puzzles me when pundits and fans from other clubs aswel as ours, say wait till the blip. Who's to say we are not going to get even better.
That’s a really good point,but I always like to side on the possibility of a blip then if it does happen well at least I was will be expecting it,having said that have Chelsea or Spurs or the rags had a blip yet not really ..

It always puzzles me when pundits and fans from other clubs aswel as ours, say wait till the blip. Who's to say we are not going to get even better.
I think our performance levels have already dropped, yet we're still winning. The worry we have is injuries - Delph is now injured? The defensive backup is uninspiring to say the least. Zinchenko, Mangala and Danilo (since Kompany is perma-injured). So with bad luck on the injury front, we will have a blip. With good luck, we should have no problem at all. We need January to come round fast. If we can get there without a defensive injury crisis, we're home and dry, providing we actually get some cover in.

Was looking at the 2011/12 results and we were only one draw worse off at this stage than we are now. But the rags were right on our tail back then. They are so shit now compared to then. Spuds are the rivals but rolled over and had their tummies tickled as usual at Old Trafford. So basically ours to lose

I think our performance levels have already dropped, yet we're still winning. The worry we have is injuries - Delph is now injured? The defensive backup is uninspiring to say the least. Zinchenko, Mangala and Danilo (since Kompany is perma-injured). So with bad luck on the injury front, we will have a blip. With good luck, we should have no problem at all. We need January to come round fast. If we can get there without a defensive injury crisis, we're home and dry, providing we actually get some cover in.
Injurys as you say mate will be our biggest obstacle. And yes, Pep will def go again in Jan.

if we can maintain the lead up till we play the rags/spurs, then beat the pair of them, then that will be a great position to be in. Good buffer to have considering you'd expect us to drop points at one of Leicester or Huddersfield, 2 difficult away games.

I'm an eternal pessimist, I just think if we can play like this, there's no reason why other teams wont copy us, or work us out and stop us. It's just unbelievable how good we actually are compared to the rest of the league, genuinely can't believe it.
I don’t believe anybody can just decide to play like this. They would need the quality of our players and the genius of Pep.
This is a once in a generation team.

I'm sure there was someone who was 8 points ahead with only 6 games left, and they lost the league. We need to stop getting carried away....
Correct. No medals being handed out in november.

But it's a bloody good start.

9 more points and we should be alright for next season.

A different way of looking at the table:

Football Cann Tables

Premier League 2017/18
Matchweek 11

31 Man City
23 Man Utd, Tottenham
22 Chelsea
19 Liverpool, Arsenal, Burnley
15 Brighton & Hove Albion, Watford, Huddersfield Town
14 Newcastle
13 Leicester, Southampton
12 Stoke City
11 Everton
10 West Brom, Bournemouth
9 West Ham
8 Swansea
4 C Palace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.