93.20 Documentary

One thing I definitely remember was thinking after Dzeko's goal that it was too little too late. almost like a last gasp for air.

I was wrong.

Thank you Sergio.

Also, does anyone think that Onuoha, subconsciously, gave us the ball back? I think that now re-watching it..

Really, really interesting to get the players take on it. Including even Joey Barton's.
Here's the thing, though. Like everyone else, I've watched That Goal about a thousand times. But I realised, watching the documentary, that subconsciously I've always refused to scrutinise it in detail and break it down, frame by frame, as it were. Because when you steel yourself to do that – as I did after listening to Mario and Sergio – you realise just how very wide Sergio has to push it, what a very tight angle he is then shooting from, and how bloody close his shot is to the near post!! Shivers, just shivers, when you look at all that and think what you would have been feeling had all that not come together.
I know what the result is, but even now, five years later, it's as if it can somehow be rescinded by a sadistic god.

Yeah; he probably would have. But can you imagine the terror, waiting for him to step up and take it?
He'd have loved it, he'd have done the stuttering run thing while the keeper dived and just rolled it in but being City would have had a double touch ;)

Lots of overlap with the "Noisy Neighbours" documentary on NBCSN, but the American version is a quick background of l omg suffering City (including lots of "Typical City" comments before the game even started, and the Fergie interview where he first mentions "noisy neighbours" (even though he never actually used the words together that way) and then the timeline of the events at the Etihad and Stadium of Light, with split screen for the last few minutes.

TBH, I just watched 93:20 again to give me some warm, happy feelings about Manc, because tonight has been a heartbreaker for some in the city.

Really, really interesting to get the players take on it. Including even Joey Barton's.
Here's the thing, though. Like everyone else, I've watched That Goal about a thousand times. But I realised, watching the documentary, that subconsciously I've always refused to scrutinise it in detail and break it down, frame by frame, as it were. Because when you steel yourself to do that – as I did after listening to Mario and Sergio – you realise just how very wide Sergio has to push it, what a very tight angle he is then shooting from, and how bloody close his shot is to the near post!! Shivers, just shivers, when you look at all that and think what you would have been feeling had all that not come together.
I know what the result is, but even now, five years later, it's as if it can somehow be rescinded by a sadistic god.

Nowhere near the post. Didn't get the Barton inclusion to be honest. Don't want his take on it even if he is being honest for once.

Lots of overlap with the "Noisy Neighbours" documentary on NBCSN, but the American version is a quick background of l omg suffering City (including lots of "Typical City" comments before the game even started, and the Fergie interview where he first mentions "noisy neighbours" (even though he never actually used the words together that way) and then the timeline of the events at the Etihad and Stadium of Light, with split screen for the last few minutes.

Is this online anywhere?

Would love to see a documentary made charting the entire season, maybe we'll get one on the 10th anniversary

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.