93.20 Documentary

Can't wait for this. Not sure if anyone has seen the film Fever pitch but I think that epitomizes the emotions I was feeling around this time. For about the last 2/3 months of the season I was absolutely consumed by the title race. I couldn't sleep because I was either too excited or distraught when it looked like it had slipped away. The way it all came together on the last day was fitting end to the season. Absolutely incredible.

BBC did a programme a couple of years ago called 'Match of the Day at 50' and there's a 5 minute clip about the goal with Guy Mowbray talking about commentating on the match and Sergio talking about the goal itself. It's fantastic viewing. It's on my youview box but I cant find a way to get the video off there (if anyone knows how please shout) which pisses me off as I'd like to upload it. Anyway, you can see it here
Go to 49 mins - this will bring a tear to your eye - enjoy!

Someone should make a docufilm about that season. It would make epic viewing, even for neutrals.

It was an extraordinary season. There were some amazing games, United beating Arsenal 8-2, Dzeko scoring 4 in a 5-1 away win at Spurs, 6-1 at Old Trafford, Van Persie's hattrick at Chelsea, Utd 4-4 Everton, which got us back in the title race, Balotelli's last minute penalty against Spurs to win 3-2, our 3-3 draw with Sunderland, Swansea beating Arsenal, etc. Moments of controversy; Suarez racially abusing Evra, and Liverpool wearing those shirts, Terry also getting banned for racial abuse, the protests at Blackburn's owners, and Tevez getting banished, then returning. The way we seemed on our way to the title, then had a midseason wobble, especially that defeat at Arsenal with Balotelli getting sent off, and United going 7 points clear, it all looked over, only for Wigan to beat them for the first team ever in their history, combined with us beating West Brom on the same day, and we found ourselves back in it. All of this building up to the climax in May, where you also had a tight relegation battle. I once saw one of those Premier League years shows that are Skysports every now and then, where they show all the highlights from a particular season, and one of those was on 11/12. It just didn't do it justice in my opinion. There was so much missed out.

Whenever I think back to that day, the first feeling I get is one of nausea. Having watched the match several times, I simply fast forward to the Dzeko goal. I cannot bring myself to watch the part of the match between Cisse's goal and Dzeko's equaliser.

At 85 minutes, I looked up to the heavens and said its going to be a long summer (as where I worked was full of rags), but if that's the way it's going to be god, that's the way it's going to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.