A big December for us

Saddleworth2

Looking at December fixtures it looks like they might be key in defining our season. In the PL we have Swansea and Sunderland at home which on paper look very winnable. Away, we have Stoke, Arsenal and Leicester, all of them tough. Home to Hull in CC and BMG in CL. We really do need Vinnie back, Sergio firing and David fit. If that happens can see us taking 12 points to keep us at or near top of the PL come the new year, in semi of CC and round of 16 in CL (hopefully avoiding BM Barc and RM) If injuries persist, I think we will struggle away from home. Where do you think we will end the year in the three competitions?

Looking at December fixtures it looks like they might be key in defining our season. In the PL we have Swansea and Sunderland at home which on paper look very winnable. Away, we have Stoke, Arsenal and Leicester, all of them tough. Home to Hull in CC and BMG in CL. We really do need Vinnie back, Sergio firing and David fit. If that happens can see us taking 12 points to keep us at or near top of the PL come the new year, in semi of CC and round of 16 in CL (hopefully avoiding BM Barc and RM) If injuries persist, I think we will struggle away from home. Where do you think we will end the year in the three competitions?

Looking at the league fixtures. Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, Arsenal, and Leicester. If we can take 12 from 15 then I'd say that's an excellent haul. The good thing is that I'd expect United certainly to drop further behind in December. Arsenal are bit of an unpredictable side so wouldn't want to say one way or the other how they'll fair, but they do on paper have a relatively easy run.

Looking at the league fixtures. Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, Arsenal, and Leicester. If we can take 12 from 15 then I'd say that's an excellent haul. The good thing is that I'd expect United certainly to drop further behind in December. Arsenal are bit of an unpredictable side so wouldn't want to say one way or the other how they'll fair, but they do on paper have a relatively easy run.

I'd fancy us to beat Arsenal away. They'll have no coquelin and as long as we can keep Sanchez quiet I'd wager we'll be fine.

Agree, think the Arsenal game will be critical. I would be happy with a point and a loss could see us 4 or 5 point adrift by year end.

I'd fancy us to beat Arsenal away. They'll have no coquelin and as long as we can keep Sanchez quiet I'd wager we'll be fine.

Becoming a bit of a cliche but on our day there's no one in the league who can beat us, home or away. Having said that I see Arsenal as our main title challengers so I'd fucking love a win just to give ourselves a cushion. Big December though. Looking forward to it.

Becoming a bit of a cliche but on our day there's no one in the league who can beat us, home or away. Having said that I see Arsenal as our main title challengers so I'd fucking love a win just to give ourselves a cushion. Big December though. Looking forward to it.

Yep. I genuinely think we're the best in this league by a country mile when we're on our A game. That's what makes defeats to Liverpool and Spurs all the more frustrating. I believe the win yesterday will be huge, as Southampton are a potential banana skin for any side.

We really need a big performance on Tuesday. Psychologically knowing that we are still in all four competitions going into the New Year should set us up well for the rest of December's fixtures.

It's a big month but it needn't have been quite so important. The Autumn was a huge opportunity for us with I think five of our last seven league games at home with one of the aways at bottom of the table Villa.

Dropped points against Villa and Liverpool have dented the aura we had started to build. Admittedly we've had serious injury problems but it's given the others confidence. I think had we won those two games the general feeling would have been that we're unstoppable.

It's a tough month to come but we have by far the best squad in the league. There can be no excuse if we don't win it this year. Chelsea have gone off a cliff, Arsenal lack the stomach for a fight and the rags get booed off by their own fans every week! Leicester won't last. Remind me of Sven's City.

Leicester are more than capable of hurting us if we defend like we have for the last few games which is why it's critical we have Vinnie fit.

Leicester are more than capable of hurting us if we defend like we have for the last few games which is why it's critical we have Vinnie fit.

Quite agree, we handed Southampton a few chances yesterday, and their goal was just a free header from a short player. On another day we would have come unstuck, I know there were a great deal of positives to take from yesterday but the problems are still there too. I know I'm gonna get blasted for this but I think yesterday we cam up against a low in confidence Southampton, had they have been flying like Leicester we may have been beaten. The Leicester game is very big, and we should not underestimate them, perhaps bigger than the other away games, that's what I'm saying,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.