"A Blue Betrayal And Derby Day" - new blog article

Lucky Toma said:
Bloody hell lads, thank you. I'm off to get a new hat in size xxl

(Seriously blues, cheers for the comments. They've meant a hell of a lot)

That is a quality read that mate. Just out of interest what was it that made your older brother become a City fan?

Fantastic bit of writing, emotive, sad, happy and comical all mixed together creating a truely remarkable read. Thank you.

That was a wonderful read, sitting here with a tear in my eye. That will resonate with lots of people, especially the relationship with your dad.
Had something similar but with my brother over Rangers and Celtic, puched hell out of each other for a number of years.
I joined the Navy and when I came back he had come over from the dark side and started supporting Rangers, like he should've done in the first place!
He only did it to wind me up.
Anyway, really nice article.

Bluebottle444 said:
What an articulate and well placed post sir..I applaud you.
to support city is simple biology ....My city inception was aged about 9 years old at primary school in Cheadle hulme...two sets if lads in the pe football session.. The captain and pe teachers pet was a rag and picked his players for U#*ted .. I was picked by the other captain a blue for the city side.. Coming from a non football family this was my first taste of being a blue..no idea what the score was but from that day I ached to visit maine road and got my chance a few years later with a friend and his dad..I still see my mate 35 years on and I cannot forget the inflatable bananas and trying to see between the hoardes of swearing fans that memorable day...

Now 35 years on, left the RAF,riddled with debt thanks to a bad employment move, struggling to pay the mortgage and wondering where the next family meal will come from, just watching city roll teams over ( Sunderland maybe not) I forget all my worries for a short time ( just a short time)...I know I'm not alone here! .. What I'm trying to say is Manchester city make me feel alive.. Call it the feel good factor eh...I'm in my forties with 3 beautiful children for gods sake but still feel sick when see a rag shirt or sticker, I have no red clothes, and will not use vodafone ( still!) ...These feelings will not go away and I won't even try..There's an admirable unity between city fans ( sure every fan base has it's loons) ..But no matter what shit lifes throws at me/us, city makes me/us feel good... Prick your finger and see what colour seeps out..You know the answer...

Quality post mate, quality.

That was fantastic, brought tears to my eyes ,great read.God bless ya dad even though he is a rag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.