A chat with Pete the badge.

paulchapo

I bumped into him last night outside the south stand and we had a chat. Incredibly the bloke was travelling to Blackpool after the game to stay in a bed and breakfast before going back home the next day. When I asked why Blackpool he replied because it was cheaper than staying in Manchester. The bloke is a pensioner in his seventies, travels alone and to go to such lengths to watch us is some dedication. I wish the club would honour him or help him out a little.

How do you know he needs help ? he might actually enjoy doing what he does. everyone that goes to away games regularly would like a little support. But its called supporting your club

Firstly I don't know he needs help but he travels everywhere following us and has for donkeys years. I travelled with him thirty years ago with the London supporters club when I lived down south. He was fuming last night he couldn't get to Bournemouth because no trains are running. I am sure if the club could have got him a room in Manchester last night he would have preferred that rather than travel another hour on a train to Blackpool after the game. The fact he said money was tight and he is a pensioner in his seventies makes me think he would appreciate it.

Secondly I know plenty more people travel and have supported us for years as well, probably myself included. This bloke is well known as a bit of a character and I think it would be nice if the club did something for him before he is no longer with us. Of course there will be others who want to be mean spirited and pour cold water on such an idea, I wish I was a big hard nose like them, " Hey man up, fuck him it's called supporting your club!" As if I don't already know that!

Firstly I don't know he needs help but he travels everywhere following us and has for donkeys years. I travelled with him thirty years ago with the London supporters club when I lived down south. He was fuming last night he couldn't get to Bournemouth because no trains are running. I am sure if the club could have got him a room in Manchester last night he would have preferred that rather than travel another hour on a train to Blackpool after the game. The fact he said money was tight and he is a pensioner in his seventies makes me think he would appreciate it.

Secondly I know plenty more people travel and have supported us for years as well, probably myself included. This bloke is well known as a bit of a character and I think it would be nice if the club did something for him before he is no longer with us. Of course there will be others who want to be mean spirited and pour cold water on such an idea, I wish I was a big hard nose like them, " Hey man up, fuck him it's called supporting your club!" As if I don't already know that!
Well said Sir :)

Pete is our super fan...I've seen Pete all over the place with City..would love the club to do something for him.

fans with long standing support for the club i.e. been to over 1000 matches should receive something in return what I don't know, but not free hotel rooms, maybe heavily discounted tickets, free coach travel.
And that def includes Pete.

fans with long standing support for the club i.e. been to over 1000 matches should receive something in return what I don't know, but not free hotel rooms, maybe heavily discounted tickets, free coach travel.
And that def includes Pete.
How about sitting next to pep on the team bus going to the away games :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.