a.f.c wimbledon / mk dons

bitterblue78

i was watching for some reason the football league show last night and hightlights of m.k dons came on which got me thinking... who are the old wimbledon? is it them? a.f.c wimbledon??? do m.k dons fans go around saying they won the F.A cup in 88??

I think they claimed total independence from their history shortly after they formed.

On a side note old boy Adam Clayton playing there now,scored yesterday.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon#Honours" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon#Honours</a>

The replica FA cup that Wimbledon received was given by MKDons back to Wimbledon AFC in 2006 so this means that AFC have the rights to say they won it. It explains things well in the honours section of this page.

mk dons gave up any pretence of being the old wimbledon several years ago when, after repeated requests, they handed back all wimbledon's trophies, memorabilia, etc that they inherited to afc wimbledon. they don't even play in the same colours ffs. wimbledon played in blue but mk play in red.

the fa broke their own no franchise rules when they allowed mk to take wimbledon's place in the league. by rights they should have started at the bottom of the non-league pyramid like other clubs that folded & re-started. that pete winkelman is a right smug twat too.

Wimbledon would've folded had the Milton Keynes Consortium not come along. They were broke, homeless and days from extinction. I thought it was abhorrent - but that's all they could do. AFC Wimbledon would've formed either way.

Hopefully AFC will win the play-offs as Crawley took promotion from the Conference yesterday. What an effort.

goat867 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon#Honours

The replica FA cup that Wimbledon received was given by MKDons back to Wimbledon AFC in 2006 so this means that AFC have the rights to say they won it. It explains things well in the honours section of this page.

Yes... but also not quite! lol

I was involved with the Football Supporters Federation at the time the ''peace making deal'' was brokered by the FSF (though not involved with this issue)
There were times it would have been easier to solve the Northern Ireland 'troubles' than that between AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons.
Fans would go on each others web sites complaining about the latest alleged rumours about the peace deal and it would have to start again.

AFC Wimbledon do not have the replica cup. The deal was the cup would return to Wimbledon (or the borough of Merton) but not directly to AFC Wimbledon. It was delivered to the town library and put on display there (where I believe it still remains but happy to be told otherwise).
MK Dons also handed over the web domain rights to Wimbledon FC for AFC to have / use if they so wish and MK Dons would stop referring to pre MK Dons history as being part of their history.
In return, AFC Wimbledon fans agreed that the boycott they called for of away fans to boycot games played at MK Dons would be lifted and also they would not object to MK Dons supporters club being admitted into the FSF.

It was a shame in this years FA Cup 2nd round, that had both teams won replays, they would have been drawn together..... now that would have been a tasty game ha ha ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.