A few things about the team

OrigamiNinja

Delighted to come away with a point today after we looked dead and buried and if after a comeback like that we dont push on up the table there is something seriously wrong.

There are a few things though that need to be said, im sure a lot of you will disagree with me but I am going to say them all the same.

Hart - Distribution is awful and yet again the ball goes flying past him without him even moving, would he have saved the 1st? Probably not but I am sick of seeing him rooted to the spot as the ball hits the back of the net.

Dunne - Had another shocker, I have never been his biggest fan, even when everyone else was saying what a great player he was but at this moment in time I have ZERO confidence in his ability!

Onouha - Felt sorry for the lad, thought he was looking decent but yet again injury strikes. You could never rely on getting 10 or 15 straight games out of him and for this reason he has to be replaced.

Richards - Comes on and yet again the defence instantly looks all over the show. Have as much confidence in him as Dunne at the moment!

Ball - Absolutely shocking, how this lad ever played for England is beyond me. Cant defend, cant pass in fact cant do much!

SWP - Not had the best of runs recently but we all know he is class, my worry with SWP is what has happened to his blistering pace? The last couple of games he seems to have struggled to get away from his full back despite them not being the quickest, hope SWP is ok and not carrying an injury!

Vass - Why bother?

I think we have the nucleus of a decent team but we have some awful players still playing far too often for us to be taken seriously, I pray this problem is sorted in the next month!

Hart - Distribution is awful and yet again the ball goes flying past him without him even moving, would he have saved the 1st? Probably not but I am sick of seeing him rooted to the spot as the ball hits the back of the net.

Dunne - Had another shocker, I have never been his biggest fan, even when everyone else was saying what a great player he was but at this moment in time I have ZERO confidence in his ability!

Totally agree this needs sorting out asap. Ball needs replacing by Wayne Bridge, but we also need to defend as a team better as well.

got to agree with everything in your post,we still look shocking in defence
if I'm honest even against hull we could have conceded more ,I will take the draw especially after the gillingham type scoreline today.
we must practice our defending in training,balls come over and who knows what may happen.city at the back look and are shaky.i love city like the rest of us on here, but a left back reqd straight away and maybe it is time for a new central defender.
i know we all have our own views but to move forward we have to drop the sentimental shit and replace.
not a glory boy-come back andy morrison anytime.if you know who he is and played for ...........................

OrigamiNinja said:
Delighted to come away with a point today after we looked dead and buried and if after a comeback like that we dont push on up the table there is something seriously wrong.

There are a few things though that need to be said, im sure a lot of you will disagree with me but I am going to say them all the same.

Onouha - Felt sorry for the lad, thought he was looking decent but yet again injury strikes. You could never rely on getting 10 or 15 straight games out of him and for this reason he has to be replaced.

Richards - Comes on and yet again the defence instantly looks all over the show. Have as much confidence in him as Dunne at the moment!

Ball - Absolutely shocking, how this lad ever played for England is beyond me. Cant defend, cant pass in fact cant do much!

SWP - Not had the best of runs recently but we all know he is class, my worry with SWP is what has happened to his blistering pace? The last couple of games he seems to have struggled to get away from his full back despite them not being the quickest, hope SWP is ok and not carrying an injury!

Vass - Why bother?

I think we have the nucleus of a decent team but we have some awful players still playing far too often for us to be taken seriously, I pray this problem is sorted in the next month!
You forgot to mention Zabaleta
FIVE yards adrift of his marker for the 2nd goal
seemed to have been beaten for every header.
pace a worry

Or is Zabaleta crticism-proof?

The Oracle said:
OrigamiNinja said:

Vass - Why bother?

pace a worry

Not at all, in fact nobody is criticsm proof BUT I see things in Zabaleta that says he can be a good player for us and I hope that when he has 3 decent players alongside him this will show. As it stands we have a 1 man defence at the moment!

The Oracle said:
OrigamiNinja said:

Vass - Why bother?

pace a worry

You are right ...... certainly not his best game for us , and let Roberts get away from him for Blackburns second (as he was the closest City player)....... he'll have better games though.

5knuckleshuffle said:

Totally agree this needs sorting out asap. Ball needs replacing by Wayne Bridge, but we also need to defend as a team better as well.

I think this is the crux of the matter. I don't know whether it is selective memory but often one or two of the back four are left on their lonesome too often.

5knuckleshuffle said:

Is this happening. Not seen the forum much but I understand we're getting him. Not that I'm ITK!

Agree about Hart, but David James was the same. Dunne isn't the player of last season but Richards will be a star.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.