21. Yaya Toure
  22. Raheem Sterling
  23. Unal
  24. Sergio Aguero
  25. Stevan Jovetic
  26. Edin Dzeko
  27. Wilfried Bony
  28. Kelechi Iheanacho
That's 28 in the First team squad at the moment?
Remove HG and expected Loans leaves us with 19/20 foreign players
  1. Willy Caballero
  2. Aleksandar Kolarov
  3. Bacary Sagna
  4. Eliaquim Mangala
  5. Martin Demichelis
  6. Pablo Zabaleta
  7. Vincent Kompany
  8. Fernando
  9. Fernandinho
  10. Jesus Navas
  11. Samir Nasri
  12. David Silva
  13. Paul Pogba
  14. Kevin De Bruyne
  15. Yaya Toure
  16. Stevan Jovetic
  17. Edin Dzeko
  18. Sergio Aguero
  19. Wilfried Bony
  20. Kelechi Iheanacho (doesn't need to be registered?)
So if we sold Jovetic and Dzeko we would have Aguero, Bony, Iheanacho, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Navas & Nasri that could play in the front 3

So for me if we move Jovetic and Dzeko that allows the additions to be made?

Final Squad being?
  1. Willy Caballero
  2. Joe Hart
  3. Richard Wright
  4. Aleksandar Kolarov
  5. Bacary Sagna
  6. Eliaquim Mangala
  7. Gael Clichy
  8. Martin Demichelis
  9. Pablo Zabaleta
  10. Vincent Kompany
  11. Jason Denayer
  12. Fernando
  13. Fernandinho
  14. Jesus Navas
  15. Marcos Lopes
  16. Samir Nasri
  17. David Silva
  18. Paul Pogba
  19. Kevin De Bruyne
  20. Yaya Toure
  21. Raheem Sterling
  22. Sergio Aguero
  23. Wilfried Bony
  24. Kelechi Iheanacho
I think that's where the pull for finding a home grown keeper comes from. I wouldn't be adverse to promoting Gunn but may be too soon for him this season

As I said above, that's working on the assumption that City feel it's appropriate/sensible to go from a front 4 option of Aguero, Bony, Dzeko and Jovetic, to one of Aguero, Bony and Iheanacho (with Sterling as an alternative). I really don't see us believeing that's acceptable. Sterling will play more as a midfielder, out wide, or behind a loan striker. Iheanacho is totally unproven and probably best suited to a loan move this summer. I really don't see City going into the season with only 2 front line strikers, plus an unproven teenage prospect, and an out of position attacking midfielder, when we've currently got 3 out and out strikers (Aguero, Bony, Dzeko) plus a striker/attacking midfielder (Jovetic).

I guess i'm just really optimistic that Iheanacho can and will be able to step up and impress.

Who knows how good this kid really could be!

Sagna and Fernando out and replaced with Fabinho and Aranguiz .....absolute perfect window
@Matty

1. Willy Caballero
  2. Joe Hart
  3. Richard Wright
  4. Aleksandar Kolarov
  5. Bacary Sagna
  6. Eliaquim Mangala
  7. Gael Clichy
  8. Martin Demichelis
  9. Pablo Zabaleta
  10. Vincent Kompany
  11. Jason Denayer
  12. Fernando
  13. Bruno Zuculini
  14. Fernandinho
  15. Jesus Navas
  16. Marcos Lopes
  17. Samir Nasri
  18. David Silva
  19. Paul Pogba
  20. Kevin De Bruyne
  21. Yaya Toure
  22. Raheem Sterling
  23. Unal
  24. Sergio Aguero
  25. Stevan Jovetic
  26. Edin Dzeko
  27. Wilfried Bony
  28. Kelechi Iheanacho
That's 28 in the First team squad at the moment?
Remove HG and expected Loans leaves us with 19/20 foreign players
  1. Willy Caballero
  2. Aleksandar Kolarov
  3. Bacary Sagna
  4. Eliaquim Mangala
  5. Martin Demichelis
  6. Pablo Zabaleta
  7. Vincent Kompany
  8. Fernando
  9. Fernandinho
  10. Jesus Navas
  11. Samir Nasri
  12. David Silva
  13. Paul Pogba
  14. Kevin De Bruyne
  15. Yaya Toure
  16. Stevan Jovetic
  17. Edin Dzeko
  18. Sergio Aguero
  19. Wilfried Bony
  20. Kelechi Iheanacho (doesn't need to be registered?)
So if we sold Jovetic and Dzeko we would have Aguero, Bony, Iheanacho, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Navas & Nasri that could play in the front 3

So for me if we move Jovetic and Dzeko that allows the additions to be made?

Final Squad being?
  1. Willy Caballero
  2. Joe Hart
  3. Richard Wright
  4. Aleksandar Kolarov
  5. Bacary Sagna
  6. Eliaquim Mangala
  7. Gael Clichy
  8. Martin Demichelis
  9. Pablo Zabaleta
  10. Vincent Kompany
  11. Jason Denayer
  12. Fernando
  13. Fernandinho
  14. Jesus Navas
  15. Marcos Lopes
  16. Samir Nasri
  17. David Silva
  18. Paul Pogba
  19. Kevin De Bruyne
  20. Yaya Toure
  21. Raheem Sterling
  22. Sergio Aguero
  23. Wilfried Bony
  24. Kelechi Iheanacho
I think that's where the pull for finding a home grown keeper comes from. I wouldn't be adverse to promoting Gunn but may be too soon for him this season

Sagna, Willy and Fernando out and replaced with Fabinho, Green and Aranguiz .....absolute perfect window

Sorry, but I just can't see a scenario where we sell Jovetic and Dzeko and don't bring in another striker. Unal isn't getting anywhere near the first team this season, he'll either spend it in the EDS squad, or out on loan. Iheanacho is a different proposition, however I'd have him, at best, as our 4th striking option, behind Aguero, Bony and another new signing. Aguero, as much as we'd like it not to be true, has a history of picking up injuries at inopportune moments, if he misses another 4 to 6 weeks, do we really want to have Bony, plus two teenage, unproven, striking options, as our only strikers? I can't see that happening.

Given the kid's record in youth divisions being ridiculous, and the fact he's played a full senior season, and is a full international, I don't see him in the EDS, it would be a massive step down. Loan maybe, but at least wait until you've seen him play a game before ruling him out.

There were people circle wanking when we signed him, saying that he's going to be number one and replace Hart, he's THAT good. The argument was made many times that it was utterly stupid transfer business, only to be met with abuse. One of the worst signings we've made in years, not because of the quality of the player, but because of the monumental lack of foresight and strategy that it represents.

Given the kid's record in youth divisions being ridiculous, and the fact he's played a full senior season, and is a full international, I don't see him in the EDS, it would be a massive step down. Loan maybe, but at least wait until you've seen him play a game before ruling him out.

I just don't see City signing an 18 year old the vast majority of us had never heard of and throwing him into the first team setup. His youth record looks very impressive, however he played 31 times last season, in all competitions, for Bursaspor and scored just once! That's clear proof he's nowhere near being able to make any impact in the Premier League at this stage. He may well be in years to come, but he'll not be involved this season, of that I'm certain.

Replace Willy Cabellero with Rob Green.

From what I've seen of Cabellero here, he isn't that great. To take up a foreign spot and not be very good is pretty pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.