A mark of respect for the Manchester terror attack?

I'm sure those joining in will respect the views of those who decide not to join in. I can see arguments ensuing. I'd rather we left it alone.

Anyone who wants to argue about this really does need to get a life.

Please NOT another applause. Lost all meaning we have them nearly every game. I know it was a truly awful event and we have memorial services, minutes silences and everything in between. Time to move on and allow the families their own time for grieving.

Would usually agree but this is different. Looks like 1984 have something special planned, also think applause would be fitting.

There's barely a game goes by these days without black arm bands or a wreath or a moment in a match for applause or silence. It has become commonplace and not special.

I shall buy the away kit today with the bee on the front and Il Campionissimo on the back, but I shall have to shorten it to just COPPI! That's my tribute.

There is going to be a minutes silence before the game. 1894 have something planned as well.

Personally I think that should suffice and there shouldn't be a need for a minutes applause during the game.

There is going to be a minutes silence before the game. 1894 have something planned as well.

Personally I think that should suffice and there shouldn't be a need for a minutes applause during the game.
This is definitely the right thing to do. Although if an applause breaks out on 22 mins I'll join in.

Please NOT another applause. Lost all meaning we have them nearly every game. I know it was a truly awful event and we have memorial services, minutes silences and everything in between. Time to move on and allow the families their own time for grieving.
I agree. It was nothing to do with football neither, I think we should leave it like that

Monday night TV audience. Perfect time to show our respects to the tragedy and their families (some of their relatives could even be in that crowd you know)

I know that some might agree with me but this tragic event has already been marked by the derby in the US. Once you have marked something which both Manchester clubs did at the time you run the risk off over egging by doing it all over again 3 months later. After all this was a terrorist attack and isn’t that what they want us to keep mourning over this again and again. Let’s just keep it simple folks like they do for all these things, a mark or respect the nearest game to when the event happened annually.

Personally I find applause for something like this a bit strange. If they do a minutes silence before the game then great I think that is appropriate.

As for the rest of the season, can that be it? Fans sadly pass away all the time so I'm not sure why we need a minutes applause for some and not others.

It's all gone a bit applause crazy now football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.