A mark of respect for the Manchester terror attack?

Personally I find applause for something like this a bit strange. If they do a minutes silence before the game then great I think that is appropriate.

As for the rest of the season, can that be it? Fans sadly pass away all the time so I'm not sure why we need a minutes applause for some and not others.

It's all gone a bit applause crazy now football.

This post sums it up perfectly for me.

Personally I find applause for something like this a bit strange. If they do a minutes silence before the game then great I think that is appropriate.

As for the rest of the season, can that be it? Fans sadly pass away all the time so I'm not sure why we need a minutes applause for some and not others.

It's all gone a bit applause crazy now football.

I agree with your view of this happening to often but each to their own if they want to mark someone’s passing but the recent bomb is something different at least in my view.

I know it was marked in the states but that was a friendly far from Manchester this will be our first chance to show our respect at our own ground in Manchester. If it does happen on 22 minutes then I will be clapping with everyone who joins in.

Then we move on.

Sorry, fed up with all these minutes applause now. I go to football to get away from "the real world" and all thats wrong with it. A minutes silence at the game nearest to xmas is fine for me.

If it happens I'll stand and clap but mostly because I'd feel obliged to. Much prefer the minutes silence.

More pressure from the compassion police, every week there is something. The UK has shown it's support for the tragedy, we all feel sorry for the victims and their families but football is a place to get away from the madness of the real world.

I understand the sentiments I just feel it's a little too late to do it. If we hadn't have been cheated out of a cup final that would have been the right time. I worry it might come across a bit Scouse.

Should be a minute's silence. As we all know, right across the four divisions, we as fans applaud because we can't handle the prospect of some lout(s) ignoring the silence. We feel reassured that the applause won't allow anyone to spoil things (especially for the families affected by tragedy). These dumb louts know that during the minute's silence they can become the centre of attention. I always feel relieved when the minute's silence is over - especially during a televised game, but for me it should always be a minute's silence.

A statue/garden...something long lasting. a fuck off big "22" we will never forget you sign om the main road leading into the city. It doesn't have to be MCFC branded but driving in to see it will keep it live in peoples minds

Has to be a minutes silence for me. Its fitting for what happened and for me is much more respectful and thoughtful than a round of applause. Gives people the opportunity to reflect as well. In the game it often passes the vast majority by with most looking around asking what its for, which for me isnt a mark of respect at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.