A renewal of my belief

We've been getting much better for a while; Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham and even Everton last week. The soft centre and results have led to criticism but we're playing a lot better than 5/6 weeks ago. Attack wise we're gonna start battering teams again soon.

There's promise but we are still very average at fullback, central defense and in goal.

That's a lot to fix and it'll hold all the promise back until resolved (which takes time, money and a loss of pride).

It's was absurd to expect it all to be fixed in one window.

What we did was buy up 2 forward talents that we couldn't wait a year to get, or they'd be out of reach already.

Also Stones will come good, so we need 1 CB - which we did try to buy and a couple of fullbacks.

The keeper will look 10x better after that but if he doesn't improve a new one can and will be found.

There is no reason why we can't start games like that every week but for some reason we don't always do that. I'm not sure why. It lifts the crowd and that in turn helps the momentum. I can't understand why we struggle to do this on a consistent basis.

It is probably the hardest things in football moving the ball quickly and playing with such creativity on a regular basis.

Its all about being on form and playing with confidence. If you dont reach those 'heights' of your game the inventiveness turns into a passive spproach, slower build up and more square passes and less movement. Its a mystery why footballers are like that though

There has been many failings in recruitment, a lack of balance in key positions but first half today, Chelsea and United. Full game against Barca and the second half against Arsenal the team and football has been nothing short of spectacular. Its as good as I have ever seen.

Its a renewal of my faith in what we are attempting to achieve and another example of what a wonderfully innovative manager we have.

And he would be truly vindicated and we would be top of the league if we had put away half of the chances we've had this season. Are we bottom of the league for squandering chances?

And he would be truly vindicated and we would be top of the league if we had put away half of the chances we've had this season. Are we bottom of the league for squandering chances?

Must be.

That's why Pep often "blames" the attack more than pointing the finger at what is clearly a very weak defence. The attack isn't weak and they should be scoring more goals. It took two keeper howlers today for our goals.

It is the fine margins were struggling with at both ends of the pitch. Unquestionably we have missed a glut of chances and is that bad luck or is it due to not striking the correct balance between our approach play and having finishers on the pitch?

Sterling still appears indecisive infront of goal and you wonder if Pep will recognise this and the wide positions will be more regularly filled by Sane and Jesus who have more of a goal threat.

You are right though. We must be top.

I thought we were brilliant at times today. I'm feeling confident for the future.

That was more like the first few games of the season today...except it was against a much better team

I thought we were brilliant at times today. I'm feeling confident for the future.

We might not have garnered all the points we should have but look at the performances and chances we created against CFC, MANUre, The Arse, Haringey today, and the possession we had against The Dippers. It's millimetres one way or the other, but I think the strikers are wary of taking a spec and shooting and would pass, and where they would pass they shoot, and it's all arse end up with the results.

Can anyone tell me why we decide to turn it on when we feel like it ? I reckon Peps already got Cityitus , He will grow to love us , every fucker does who gets entwined in the City psyche ! Up one week down the next .

Only City eh !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.