A squad with no weaknesses...

Pepe isn't a bad suggestion but we should be looking for a longer term signing.

The only way I see another centre back coming in is if otamendi is sold , we could then go for big name first choice player

But the requirements would be to not only be a top class player but a leader as well, we need that if Kompany is injured for any period

Who would fit this bill ?

Bonucci - very difficult to get , would prefer a left sided player really
Van Dijk - is he all that , is he a leader for a big club like city ?
Pepe - a bit old and a bit of a bellend
Laporte - already said no once , would we give him a second chance

I would stick with otamendi as we know he is more than decent , especially next to Kompany

Tosin needs to be given a chance to prove himself as well

Bonucci is still my ideal defensive signing.
He's an Italian defender. He's good for another three years, minimum.
And it's not always about the next five seasons. Sometimes, you just have to tick them off as they come.
Think of what we could achieve with Bonucci. That will open doors for when we have to replace him.

Is this a joke? A squad with no weaknesses and the second formation has kolarov in the starting line up? Some blues seem to have forgotten what should be expected from top end premier league defenders. I blame Pellegrini.

Is this a joke? A squad with no weaknesses and the second formation has kolarov in the starting line up? Some blues seem to have forgotten what should be expected from top end premier league defenders. I blame Pellegrini.
'A squad with no weaknesses' put me in mind of Big Mal saying we were 'going to terrify Europe', just before we were knocked-out in the preliminary round of the European Cup. Fuck me, it's just occurred that means they must have had coefficients, even back then.

That said, loving the positivity about the thread. Our attacking options now are ridiculous. Absolutely incredible.

175799c510e8e1497dc3a0fd4635b9b8a1d8c267ebbf9cef89fbd5d24151a864.jpg

De Bruyne played 48 games last season and Sterling 47.By the end of the season, De Bruyne had looked tired and Sterling was on the bench.

So, if we're going to go anywhere near the 63 mark (the maximum number of games without replays by my reckoning, and games with greater intensity the further you go in a competition), we are bound to need a much deeper squad and one with greater quality.

If we land them all, it will be fascinating to see how Guardiola manages them and to see how many games players get.

I think people exaggerate a bit here. No weaknesses? Come on! If we not getting Alexis I think Sane Is not a WC winger y e t. He will be one day but still need to improve. Same as Sterling. We sign Bravo who was one of the best GK in the world and we all know how thats ended. Ederson still young, we cant be sure he will be a bingo. Mendy is not the best defender I saw and maybe the most important thing - we saw how bad our defence was with out Kompany. Let me tell you a secret-Kompany will not be fit during the all season. Ota and Stones are not so good together and Im not even taking about Kolarov. I think we still need a CB

Did we get rid of Mangala permanently? seems to a very long loan spell if we didnt?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.