A squad with no weaknesses...

The biggest weakness the squad will have is that this will be their first season playing together. They will need time to gel and learn not only each other's game, but Pep's game as well.

If our full-backs are: Walker, Mendy and Kolarov (if he stays).

What will we do if Mendy and Walker get injured? Or when we rotate? 3 at the back? Or use 1-2 of our midfielders as inverted full-backs?

That would be the only question i have. Because if we get Fabinho and Sanchez. We would have amazing strength in depth in both our attack and midfield.

If our full-backs are: Walker, Mendy and Kolarov (if he stays).

What will we do if Mendy and Walker get injured? Or when we rotate? 3 at the back? Or use 1-2 of our midfielders as inverted full-backs?

That would be the only question i have. Because if we get Fabinho and Sanchez. We would have amazing strength in depth in both our attack and midfield.

Fernandinho to cover at fullback, possibly fabinho, and maybe maffeo will stay the first half of the season as last year to see how we cope.

We are getting close now,

Sanchez needs to come in for striker or winger cover, Mendy in , Need a RB. ( possibly Maffeo)
Ederson as keeper , and we just about there.

Want to keep the possibilty of youth coming through,

Next 2 season are going to be epic!

The squad next year will indeed be one of the best in Europe, but as some have said we need them to gel together, and that's why I think all of this early business will greatly benefit us giving the new players a full preseason with Pep. That being said, I think we need to be challenging for the league throughout the season, and hopefully winning it. Champions League we really should be aiming for the semis and a cup besides those two results would be a bonus, play the youngsters in the league cup and give the FA Cup a real go with the depth we'll have.

Exciting times ahead indeed.

1593561_Manchester_City.jpg

Cant see Laporte and Sanchez coming together though, I have no idea which one I will choose. I think we need more a CB but Sanchez is so good.

my selection 4-1-4-1. this selection is not rigid and fix. it's a Pep thing.
most of the players, especially the new signing can play several positions.
for example Fabinho can play as pivot DM. KDB and Bernardo can play at the right flank.
also Sanchez can play anywhere across front 3.

1593573_Manchester_City.jpg

new signing - ederson, mendy, fabinho, walker, bernardo, sanchez and New CB (Laporte/Van Dijk/Bonucci).

sell on current team - otamendi, nolito, fernando, delph & nacho

17 non-homegrown players rule are met in this team, plus 5 homegrown players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.