A squad with no weaknesses...

another formation. 2-3-3-2 inverted fullback.
this is like playing with 6 midfielders. ball posession between them, with 2 CB at the back just sweep the loose ball at the back.
if Pep can find a way to play with 2 striker, without compromise with midfield superiority, City will be more deadly upfront.
i like the way City starting this season with this tactic.
Sagna and Clichy fill in the midfield, with Dinho always drop deep between 2 CB to link them all.

1593575_Manchester_City.jpg

I don't buy this talk of Sanchez & Bonucci (maybe the latter if Otamendi goes)

Ederson/Bravo/Grimshaw

Walker/Fernandinho -- Kompany/Otamendi -- Stones/Badstuber -- Mendy/Kolarov

Fabinho/Toure

Bernardo/Sterling -- De Bruyne/Gundogan -- Silva/Delph -- G.Jesus/Sane

Aguero/Brahim or Roberts​

Assuming we get Mendy and Fabinho, they still have to prove themselves at Prem level. We did put 5 past them at our place which doesn't look good for a defence. Hopefully we've had our share of Mangalas.

Slightly off topic but was thinking last night of how this might be great for our academy players. Started just thinking of how many were leaving , although some were out on loan last year I made it 16 out with just 6 or 7 coming in to leave us with a senior squad of 20 or 21 . So where last season any slack was taken up with players like Sagna, Navas Fernando Delph., next year we wont have those sort of players and any injury crisis or suspension whatever, it going to be our youth players that need step up especially on the bench, a lot of deadwood has or will be cleared from the path from the academy to the first team, still a hell of a step up though.

this is like playing with 6 midfielders. ball posession between them, with 2 CB at the back just sweep the loose ball at the back.
if Pep can find a way to play with 2 striker, without compromise with midfield superiority, City will be more deadly upfront.
Sagna and Clichy fill in the midfield, with Dinho always drop deep between 2 CB to link them all.

giphy.gif

When you look at that and think about who we'll have on the bench, exiting isn't it.

I'd be losing Sanchez off that list, that turd had his chance to come to City. Looks a right little turd.

Hmmmmm.....

With the attacking talent we have at our disposal who gets bumped? I see Sanchez as not being a player happy to rotate.

He could've come when Mancini wanted him but he didn't so he made his choice.

Another potential Tevez. Quality for sure but with a young squad coming together nicely we don't need petulance in the dressing room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.