A stint in Darwin, OZ

I started my Career in Nigeria.

My bar is pretty low.

;-)
Spent a week or so there a long time ago. I thought Cairns was hot in summer but Darwin managed to be even hotter.
Sounds like you've trained up before with west Africa so Kakadu might not seem as dangerous as I thought it was.

Spent a week or so there a long time ago. I thought Cairns was hot in summer but Darwin managed to be even hotter.
Sounds like you've trained up before with west Africa so Kakadu might not seem as dangerous as I thought it was.
As well as mosquitos, a hippo (RIP), salties and black mambas, the locals had dynamite. (They killed the hippo with it!!).

It was a long time ago though. I've softened up since then

My daughter has recently had a cousin, her partner and daughter from Oz (she was born in England but emigrated when two) was staying with her for a month. They've now returned to Oz but are desparate to return here permanently. Mainly because of the weather! They were here during a very mild April which they much preferred to the 45 degree centigrade temerature they'd left behind, which had made her almost housebound for the previous two months. She also liked the fact that not every car journey was for at least an hour, the much lower cost of living and loved the NHS (her daughter had a minor accident).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.