A "tackle" that should be outlawed.

old blue

It's been creeping in over the last couple of years, an example just now in the Dipper game. The ball goes up in the air and one player jumps but the opponent doesn't. Instead they are standing directly below the jumper and nudging his legs while he is in the air. The result being usually an ugly looking and dangerous fall from height. The result can be similar to the outlawed "spear" tackle in Rugby. Lovren has just done it to Yoshida, luckily not much damage done but dislocated shoulders or cracked ribs could easily result.
It is quite easy to spot the offender is making no attempt at the ball.

It's been creeping in over the last couple of years, an example just now in the Dipper game. The ball goes up in the air and one player jumps but the opponent doesn't. Instead they are standing directly below the jumper and nudging his legs while he is in the air. The result being usually an ugly looking and dangerous fall from height. The result can be similar to the outlawed "spear" tackle in Rugby. Lovren has just done it to Yoshida, luckily not much damage done but dislocated shoulders or cracked ribs could easily result.
It is quite easy to spot the offender is making no attempt at the ball.

Suarez does it all the time. Charlie Austin is another serial offender. And you're right, it's fucking dangerous and yet never gets properly punished

Ah but on the other side of this, the 'arse turn' when the ball is on the ground, should be allowed.

If a defender is stupid enough to get so far up the striker's arse he can stick it out & turn him, it should not be penalised imo. It's a skill, brilliantly performed by such as Franny Lee & Malcolm MacDonald.

Ah but on the other side of this, the 'arse turn' when the ball is on the ground, should be allowed.

If a defender is stupid enough to get so far up the striker's arse he can stick it out & turn him, it should not be penalised imo. It's a skill, brilliatntly performed by such as Franny Lee & Malcolm MacDonald.
I was talking about the danger involved when a player is in the air and the "tackle" I have described can finish a career. I love strong fair tackles but not the one I mentioned.

I was talking about the danger involved when a player is in the air and the "tackle" I have described can finish a career. I love strong fair tackles but not the one I mentioned.

Hence why i wasn't arguing with it, but adding something else which is currently penalised, which by contrast isn't dangerous & i'd like to see allowed back in football.

So you want to book someone for not jumping / going for the ball..... ?
I would nudge the opponent too, last thing I want is a Mickey Quinn size forward landing on top of me
I think what the Op means is when the defender starts in front of the attacker but when he jumps the defender walks backwards under the player and nudges his legs out and so the attacker cannot get the ball but runs the risk of landing badly on his shoulder or worse his neck.

For what it's with I agree with OP, Stupid, dangerous and completely on purpose. Needs to go!

Been saying this for a while. It's like tipping someone mid air. Rojo and herrera are f****rs for that. No one will do anything until someone lands on their head and it will be to late. The other one is what smalling and fellaini does which is lead with his knee when jumping and planting it in strikers backs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.