A time to reflect.

oakiecokie

Was the quadruple ever achievable ? Yes. Likely ? Yes but probably but highly unlikely.
I declined from giving my thoughts last night until the Guinness had gone out of my system, but fuck it still hurts that scoreline and for what ever reason the mighty Wigan (my arse) have this hoodoo on us.
Lets be totally honest,it wasn`t so much that the once again totally corrupt Taylor who put us out,but we became our own worst enemy ... failure to capitalise on missed chances.
How often have we been able to say that this season ?
I, like all of you, are wanting to see a positive response from our lads,starting on Sunday.Lets go and kick a few arses and show the footballing world that this was a blip in our season.
If I`m being honest,the FA Cup was the one trophy that Pep and the lads possibly wouldn`t win, as I honestly believe that fortune beckons us more in the Champions League, moreso than any other time in our history.
Shit happens,but it still hurts,but lets not get too down hearted boys and girls.
We shot ourselves in the foot last night,it hurts,but I have no doubt that we`ll come back even more determined and show all those twats who are gloating, that this team will rule for years and years.
Let the fuckers have their moment ... ours is about to happen on three levels.
Of that I have no concerns.

I agree oakiecokie but it just leaves a bad taste that it is over in those circumstances, Aguero being attacked and our fans being goaded, a dodge red card.The end of the match was a farce yet people try to blame City for it .......

Was the quadruple ever achievable ? Yes. Likely ? Yes but probably but highly unlikely.
I declined from giving my thoughts last night until the Guinness had gone out of my system, but fuck it still hurts that scoreline and for what ever reason the mighty Wigan (my arse) have this hoodoo on us.
Lets be totally honest,it wasn`t so much that the once again totally corrupt Taylor who put us out,but we became our own worst enemy ... failure to capitalise on missed chances.
How often have we been able to say that this season ?
I, like all of you, are wanting to see a positive response from our lads,starting on Sunday.Lets go and kick a few arses and show the footballing world that this was a blip in our season.
If I`m being honest,the FA Cup was the one trophy that Pep and the lads possibly wouldn`t win, as I honestly believe that fortune beckons us more in the Champions League, moreso than any other time in our history.
Shit happens,but it still hurts,but lets not get too down hearted boys and girls.
We shot ourselves in the foot last night,it hurts,but I have no doubt that we`ll come back even more determined and show all those twats who are gloating, that this team will rule for years and years.
Let the fuckers have their moment ... ours is about to happen on three levels.
Of that I have no concerns.
I hope so Oakey. The pessimist in me says we are one game away from having a real damper on our season if we put in another performance like that on Sunday. I never thought I would see us winning a domestic treble, but if we were going to do it, we would never get a better opportunity than this. I would feel happier if we had gone out because of another teams performance, not our own. Too many at 60% last night. Dave and Leroy, you can understand, but Gundogan and Bernardo? Stones, Danilo? Even Fern had one of his poorer games. And Kun these days seems to have only two settings, woeful and world class. We have been served some heavenly football this year, that’s why a performance last night is more difficult to rationalise.

I agree oakiecokie but it just leaves a bad taste that it is over in those circumstances, Aguero being attacked and our fans being goaded, a dodge red card.The end of the match was a farce yet people try to blame City for it .......
Totally agree with you mate.Sometimes things don`t happen for a reason .. as you said above.However I still think we`ll be the ones gloating,come the end of the sason. ;)

5 Wins and the league is ours, one trophy per season is not too bad is it?

If we play like we did last night on Sunday the Carabao cup will stay in London.

Champions League - we will be stitched up by an official so don't count on that.

The best thing that can happen now,after Sunday obviously,is for Guardiola to extend his contract next week.

Also for him to become a manager on the touchline,instead of acting like a fan,as his work is now gonna be cut out from next season,deciding which team suits the situation best,well definitely for cup games.

Resting Otamendi and Sterling last night was,in hindsight probably a mistake,playing a clearly unfit Sane for a start was a bad call,Stones looks shaky as fuck since his injury,and I said a few weeks ago when we signed Laporte,that we should get him in v West Brom straight away,thankfully he did that,as some were calling for him to make his debut v Wigan in the cup.I bet he woke up this morning thinking well that was an eye opener.

Delph and Danilo must surely be candidates for the chop in the summer,especially with Mendy coming back,and Zinchenko doing well recently.

We miss David Silva is the outcry when we have in different performances,well last night we missed KDB,so why take one off for the other ? Gundogan is another who ain't great at grasping the nettle and keeping hold of it neither.

Changes are needed,and Guardiola needs to sort it.

We should wrap the league up in the next few weeks,and then the luck of the cup focuses on the CL,but let's win Sunday and the league and the season will still be a good un,but seriously as much as none of us have said it,the quad was on.

Without contradicting myself,I'd take the league every year,no problem,but I can't help feel we might only end up with that now,from a season that could have given more,but still a chance of 3 yet.

The other thing that irks me,and you can sense the giddiness already,is them bastards have half a chance of winning FA Cup now,but I suppose if it saves PEG then that ain't too bad

I hope so Oakey. The pessimist in me says we are one game away from having a real damper on our season if we put in another performance like that on Sunday. I never thought I would see us winning a domestic treble, but if we were going to do it, we would never get a better opportunity than this. I would feel happier if we had gone out because of another teams performance, not our own. Too many at 60% last night. Dave and Leroy, you can understand, but Gundogan and Bernardo? Stones, Danilo? Even Fern had one of his poorer games. And Kun these days seems to have only two settings, woeful and world class. We have been served some heavenly football this year, that’s why a performance last night is more difficult to rationalise.
You`ve hit the nail on the head S.So many opportunities but wasteful and crap (at times) saw our own downfall.
Shit happens ... lets hope it was a one off.

I think we all know that this squad/team is not as good as the hype.

Pep has them well drilled to maximise their potential but in the final analysis we do lack real quality in many areas. The squad building will continue and there will be mistakes made along the way but as long as Pep stays I am confident that we will continue to improve and win.

Go into a season with only 2 strikers and you're open to problems somewhere along the line. Sergio has been immense these last couple of months but if he's having an off day then we have no options to change it, Kev made a difference when he came on (though he should have been on earlier) but we didn't have anything else to affect the game, I mean we didn't even use all 3 subs chasing the game!

I think last nights result and the circumstances behind it was the worst thing that could have happened for Arse

I expect to see a big positive reaction from our boys. Back to full strength and a big performance on Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.