A watershed moment is upon us

EVIL

Well we have reached the point where Mark Hughes now has full rein to make the changes HE wants, and to strengthen the areas of the team that are so plainly lacking, the weaknesses he has identified and referred to since game 1. Denied to him pre-season because of the lateness of the takeover, and the interference from above in terms of signature signings, this is his opportunity to eliminate the dead wood (there's plenty, but also issues of squad depth), and replace it with the players we know we need.

From this point onwards up until the season's end, the manager is completely responsible for his management of his squad. From this point onwards the squad will in my eyes be his in its entireity, and the next five months will determine his future.

I have faith that he will strengthen the team with quality, fit for purpose, and will mould the side into a top 6 side by season's end. Whether he gets the chance to stay further, is probably doubtful, but i hope so. Whether he can assimilate further additions into a team that is still not by any stretch of the imagination, a unit, is another big question. Its supposedly a long term project, but with very short-term pressures foisted upon the team's management so soon in the season. Not ideal, but the players had it in their hands to prove their capability, and some have failed the test, glaringly.

Today saw another unusual event: a City fight back. Who'd have thought it. Admittedly on the back of an average and uninspiring display. Maybe the influence of Hughes is starting to be felt in the players' belief, that 93rd minute goal might be the watershed moment for City's progress in 2009. Its now time for Mark Hughes to really stamp his presence on the group of players at his disposal from January onwards.

Its time for City to take 2009 by the scruff of the neck, and produce a season's end that the manager has been famed for. We can hopefully expect a few returnees from injury (and other assignments) such as Petrov, Johnson and Bojinov. We can expect a fitness regime of some repute to propel the players on stronger into the second half of the campaign, and hopefully the arrival of reinforcements of a higher quality than we have at present.

The sleeping giant's eyes are twitching, the sinews flexing, the muscles primed, the fire restored to the stomach. One dragon ready to waken another. Come on City!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post, 2009 should be a great year for us. Whether it's with or without Hughes I don't know but I expect the clubto make great progress either way

EVIL said:
Well we have reached the point where Mark Hughes now has full rein to make the changes HE wants, and to strengthen the areas of the team that are so plainly lacking, the weaknesses he has identified and referred to since game 1. Denied to him pre-season because of the lateness of the takeover, and the interference from above in terms of signature signings, this is his opportunity to eliminate the dead wood (there's plenty, but also issues of squad depth), and replace it with the players we know we need.

From this point onwards up until the season's end, the manager is completely responsible for his management of his squad. From this point onwards the squad will in my eyes be his in its entireity, and the next five months will determine his future.

I have faith that he will strengthen the team with quality, fit for purpose, and will mould the side into a top 6 side by season's end. Whether he gets the chance to stay further, is probably doubtful, but i hope so. Whether he can assimilate further additions into a team that is still not by any stretch of the imagination, a unit, is another big question. Its supposedly a long term project, but with very short-term pressures foisted upon the team's management so soon in the season. Not ideal, but the players had it in their hands to prove their capability, and some have failed the test, glaringly.

Today saw another unusual event: a City fight back. Who'd have thought it. Admittedly on the back of an average and uninspiring display. Maybe the influence of Hughes is starting to be felt in the players' belief, that 93rd minute goal might be the watershed moment for City's progress in 2009. Its now time for Mark Hughes to really stamp his presence on the group of players at his disposal from January onwards.

Its time for City to take 2009 by the scruff of the neck, and produce a season's end that the manager has been famed for. We can hopefully expect a few returnees from injury (and other assignments) such as Petrov, Johnson and Bojinov. We can expect a fitness regime of some repute to propel the players on stronger into the second half of the campaign, and hopefully the arrival of reinforcements of a higher quality than we have at present.

The sleeping giant's eyes are twitching, the sinews flexing, the muscles primed, the fire restored to the stomach. One dragon ready to waken another. Come on City!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell can a heavenly post like that be compiled by someone called "Evil" (truly shocked)

EVIL said:

Best post on this site for quite a while.

Even my girlfriends salute you

Salute.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.