Aaron Cresswell.

sam-caddick

@City_Watch:Sunday Mirror: City are plotting a shock move for West Ham left-back Aaron Cresswell (25) who could replace Kolarov in the squad next year.

A very good attacking fullback with a fantastic cross but a little dodgy defensively.

Hmmmm,i'm not convinced,he's better than kolarov defensively for sure,but ive just seen him have a mare against West Brom.

Excellent attacking threat,25 and HG are the plus points.

SergioInAddedTime said:
Is he really 25? Thought he was 19

Youth with the Dippers before moving to Tranmere then Ipswich.

The fact he's from the NW is also a plus I guess.

We must be really desperate to boost the homegrown quota if this is true. I mean he looks fairly good, but nothing really special and it just screams squad filler again rather than exceptional quality. Are we planning to spend our budget on marquee names and recruit cheap squad fillers for the other roles?

Mind you, not sure he's much different in quality to Luke Shaw this year, who cost nearly £30m. But Shaw is 6 years younger and also isn't a patch on Gaya or Kurzawa (both of whom would cost under £16m) this season.

I'm trying to understand our transfer policy (again, assuming this is true - Mullock wrote it though) and am a bit confused. All will become clearer this summer I suppose.

LoveCity said:
We must be really desperate to boost the homegrown quota if this is true. I mean he looks fairly good, but nothing really special and it just screams squad filler again rather than exceptional quality. Are we planning to spend our budget on marquee names and recruit cheap squad fillers for the other roles?

Mind you, not sure he's much different in quality to Luke Shaw this year, who cost nearly £30m. But Shaw is 6 years younger and also isn't a patch on Gaya or Kurzawa (both of whom would cost under £16m) this season.

My biggest fear this summer is that because of our diminishing homegrown quota a lot of our summer budget will be spent fulfilling it which will no doubt entail bringing in one or two big money average players.

Marcos Lopes will have been a City player for three years this summer so I am hoping he takes up a homegrown place because he is eligilbe for it, and plus it saves us some money. The lads quality as wellX

sam-caddick said:
@City_Watch:Sunday Mirror: City are plotting a shock move for West Ham left-back Aaron Cresswell (25) who could replace Kolarov in the squad next year.

A very good attacking fullback with a fantastic cross but a little dodgy defensively.

Yes but what about Aaron Cresswell?

LoveCity said:

I'm trying to understand our transfer policy (again, assuming this is true - Mullock wrote it though) and am a bit confused. All will become clearer this summer I suppose.

i hope not.

would he cost less than gaya or kurzawa?

wireblue said:
sam-caddick said:

Yes but what about Aaron Cresswell?

I see what.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.