Aaron Mooy (on loan at Huddersfield)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Falastur, 11 Jun 2016.

1. Falastur

Falastur

Not what I was expecting at all. One of Melbourne City's best players of last season had pretty much made the club aware that he wasn't willing to renew his contract as his stellar season had turned the heads of European sides and as soon as the interest from Europe became apparent he had no intention of sticking around. There were talks of Melbourne City knocking back £1m+ bids from Turkey and various other places as they looked for the best price, but now the Star are claiming that we are just going to buy him ourselves and loan him to Belgium for a season before (presumably) using him ourselves.

If true it would be the first real time that the CFG connection had led to real movement between clubs (I'm not counting Lampard or the handful of loan moves as they were clearly conveniences and rule bendings, not actual player promotions). I'm presuming we would buy him for a decent sum rather than getting him for free, because Melbourne City have been complaining to the A-League for some time now that there's no value in the league that makes signing big names worth it, and apparently are refusing to spend more than they earn until the league's revenues go up, so they need all the cash they can get.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/522303/Transfer-news-Man-City-Australia-ace-Aaron-Mooy

2. strange one, unless we think we can get him cheap and sell him on for a nice profit if he plays well in Belgium.

No good for us on the playing front.

3. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

4. Falastur

Falastur

He's a creative midfielder type, as I recall. If you watched the England game v Australia, he played in that game.

5. He is the best player in the A-league right now really.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

6. jollylescott

jollylescott

Put it this way, Australia played England in a friendly a couple of weeks ago and he completely dominated the English midfielders. So it's either a comment on the quality of the English midfield or that he is a very good player.

Having watched many of his games, I am certain that he has the technical ability to play in the prem and that he is indeed a very good player. Whether there is any truth in this article is of course an entirely different matter.

7. kun

kun

Very, very good player... in the A-League. Probably the best (along with his team mate Fornaroli), but there's no real proof he can play at a higher level like Premier League and Champions League football. He's a playmaker, good with the ball, hard working, direct and productive. Very much a Pep kind of player. I don't reckon he'll ever play for City though but I wouldn't mind being proved wrong because it would look good on the CFG and City would get a bargain.

8. EalingBlue2

EalingBlue2

It's working both ways Brattan and caceres were both signed by us and have now been sold to Melbourne

9. kun

kun

He's great on set pieces. Reminds me of Elano quite a bit.

10. pudge

pudge

He was wank in that friendly.

I haven't read the article but if it in any way suggests he plays here then ha fucking ha. May as well sign that Poku bloke everyone wanked over last year for NYCFC