Aaron Mooy (on loan at Huddersfield)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Falastur, 11 Jun 2016.

1. domalino

domalino

We shouldn't need him. We have Stones and Sterling and Gunn as HG.

We then have at least Jesus, Iheanacho and Sané as u21 qualfied for the Premier League, not to mention Maffeo, Garcia, Roberts or Adarabioyo if Pep gives them a chance. We also know Pep wants a smaller squad than the 25 limit with 8 HG, so there's absolutely no need to pad out the HG part of the squad.

I'd much rather see our academy players get chances than a 27 year old with 1 season in the championship. Being Association trained should never be an acceptable reason to carry an average player.

2. Bruun

Bruun

But you don't register them, if they are possible to register for the b-list. And a lot of these would go to the b-list. So it's equally as much of a moot point

3. domalino

domalino

No it isn't a moot point. Just think it through for half a second.

If you actually use the kids, you don't need to carry people on the HG list. 17 foreign players +1 HG player is the same as 17 foreign players and 1 kid on the B list. If you actually intend on using them.

So it's not a moot point at all.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that if we actually bloody use a few of the kids, we'll have some good club trained players in a year or two, and never been in the fucking ridiculous situation of worrying about HG numbers again.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2017
  4. Bruun

Bruun

i was thinking from a perspective where Mooy was deemed good enough to play for us. That seems to be a general concensus. In that case it wouldn't bother me, for him to be registered as one of the players trained in England. Taking the spot of either Clichy, Delph, Hart etc.

And why register the kids, if they can be registered on the B-list, without hampering the quality of the 17+4+4 players on the A list, association and clubtrained players.

5. domalino

domalino

I never said register them, i just said use them.

6. richards30

richards30

has done well at Huddersfield but doesn't look extremely mobile? could he handle the extra pace in the premiership?

7. Bruun

Bruun

I'm all in for using youngsters if they are ready for it. The problem is, results are so important for the bigger clubs now, and risking playing youngsters and getting a draw/loss can be crucial. So once they are ready, like Iheanacho, they should be introduced.

8. domalino

domalino

They are ready, they jut can't show it until they get on the pitch. Or they do show it (Maffeo vs. United) and still don't get a chance.

9. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

I agree with this to an extent but 17 players + kids is way to light for a squad. At the same time 17 + 4 + 4 is often way too much and involves carrying some pretty dead wood.

For me the happy ground is probably around 20 Senior pros (17 + 3) and make up the rest with kids. With regards to Mooy I’d keep an open mind as he has such a similar game to A Garcia and Delph to an extent. There is no point keeping them all with us next year, given the ages I would guess Mooy and Delph would be sold and A Garcia would be asked to carry on being a squad player and backup midfielder. A lot will depend on Gundogan’s fitness and what happens with Yaya and what happens with them all between now and the end of pre-season games in the summer.

10. domalino

domalino

But it wouldn't be 17 plus kids would it? It would be 17 + Stones, Sterling, Iheanacho.

Also, how can you say he has a similar game to Aleix Garcia and Delph when those two play nothing alike?