About Ferran Soriano..

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Khaldoon is part of ADUG I believe so the chain of command is probably Sheikh Mansour (no real involvement) -> Khaldoon -> Soriano -> Marwood.

Thats what I suspected,but just curious as to whether Marwoods role in the transfers would now be taken away from him,whilst he concentrated on his other main role for/with the Academy.

He will work in cooperation with his coach Roberto Mancini and the technical director Brian Marwood. Relations between the latter have been strained and it is Soriano's task to soothe or change.

Txiki Begiristain, Barca's sporting director when Soriano was there, has also been linked with a move to City in the Catalan press.

Interesting couple of paragraphs here. It is basically up to him whether to appoint Begiristain.

Blue Haze said:
He will work in cooperation with his coach Roberto Mancini and the technical director Brian Marwood. Relations between the latter have been strained and it is Soriano's task to soothe or change.

Txiki Begiristain, Barca's sporting director when Soriano was there, has also been linked with a move to City in the Catalan press.

Interesting couple of paragraphs here. It is basically up to him whether to appoint Begiristain.

And we know Roberto just got a new contract. I wonder where this leaves Marwood, either change or leave? I think he could be a good academy and youth talent coordinator.

If you want to believe some of the ex players and the old groundsmen as well as regular academy watchers Marwood is a huge problem in the academy. Torn apart the work done by Cassell.

I think Soriano should bring in Tixi and recruit some serious academy staff.

CTID101 said:
If you want to believe some of the ex players and the old groundsmen as well as regular academy watchers Marwood is a huge problem in the academy. Torn apart the work done by Cassell.

I think Soriano should bring in Tixi and recruit some serious academy staff.

Pep Segura who was a youth coach at Barcelona B when Messi played for them quit Liverpool (where he did a fantastic job of overhauling their failing academy) a week or two ago. Hmm...

Edwaardz said:
Does anyone know why Sorriano left his role with Barca?

I think Barca has term limits, the fans vote them in and out each year. Same with Real Madrid I believe. Something wild like that, that would seem to be more of a Italian thing lol.

Edwaardz said:
Does anyone know why Sorriano left his role with Barca?

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Laporta" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Laporta</a>

The poor results of the sports sections, especially in football, together with concerns about his leadership style, resulted in a censure motion which took place on 6 July 2008 and was led by Oriol Giralt. Exit polls showed that 60.60% of the 39,389 votes cast were against Laporta. However, even though he lost the overall vote, the necessary 66% to hold new elections was not achieved.

Following the results, it was speculated that Laporta would resign due to pressure from fellow directors. This would have resulted in then vice-President Albert Vicens taking over from Laporta with Ferran Soriano replacing Vicens as the main vice-president.[4] However these rumours were quickly dismissed by Laporta. On 10 July 2008, eight of the seventeen board members – vice-presidents Albert Vicens, Ferran Soriano and Marc Ingla, and directors Evarist Murtra, Toni Rovira, Xavier Cambra, Clàudia Vives-Fierro and Josep Lluís Vilaseca – resigned following Laporta's confirmation that he will stay as President of the club despite the opinion of the members. In a press statement, they revealed that they resigned due to "discrepancies in the way to act after the result of the motion."

A bit ridiculous but just seeing them together makes you sort of stand to attention if you follow my drift..I must be easily impressed by £10k suits<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:27 am --<br /><br />
Shirley said:
S04 said:
Noticed that this article in the Abu Dhabi daily (The National) written by Duncan Castles.
Outlines some interesting facts about the job.

Andy Mitten is credited as the author?

Ah, right..my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.