Abu Dhabi - NYCFC and City Directors

without a dream

Being played offside by Martin Demichelis
The UAE ambassador to the USA has had his emails leaked and there's a couple of email chains related to NYCFC and the perception of Abu Dhabi. It's not directly related to City but it shows the consideration of the public image of Abu Dhabi are important to CFG decisions and that CFG dealings are reported to the politicians in the UAE. It also highlights a potential bit of boardroom tension between Soriano and Edelmen

This should perhaps be in the general forum (feel free to move it) but all of the City Football Group people in the emails are on our board, or have been.

DJwGnZMXkAA_8IP.jpg:large

DJwIj6BXkAAhNM-.jpg:large

Last edited:
It's rather embarrassing that this is leaked, but I don't think it's some kind of smoking gun. There's nothing ground breaking there that we don't already know really. Whether the ownership is MCFC, CFG or Abu Dhabi, it's completely understandable that the public image of Abu Dhabi will be given full consideration.

Not surprised someone has leaked our emails though given the relentless media campaign against us. Don't suppose anyone has bothered looking at the Glazers' business empire or their Cayman Island connections. I wonder why not?

It's rather embarrassing that this is leaked, but I don't think it's some kind of smoking gun. There's nothing ground breaking there that we don't already know really. Whether the ownership is MCFC, CFG or Abu Dhabi, it's completely understandable that the public image of Abu Dhabi will be given full consideration.

Yeah we've just never had it writing before, it also perhaps shows Simon Pearce's position is fairly influential, keeping FS out of the loop in this instance.

I suspect Ferran isn't happy his MCFC email account is in public domain, wait for mass emails on the quality of the corn beef pie.

Not surprised someone has leaked our emails though given the relentless media campaign against us. Don't suppose anyone has bothered looking at the Glazers' business empire or their Cayman Island connections. I wonder why not?

I think it's more likely to be part of the Qatar/Abu Dhabi sparring, rather than City.

Been looking at these and there's some interesting stuff in there. In another email there's a discussion of the generally negative perception of the Arab world in the USA. They make the point that the pro-Israel lobby is very influential and that they should stress the UAE's good working relationship with Israel as a selling point.

Not directly City related but there were meetings in Moscow involving Putin, Sheikh Mohammed (MBZ), Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon al-Mubarak. Putin then requested a 1-to-1 meeting with MBZ, which he agreed to but on condition that KAM also stayed in to take notes. I've said before that KAM is a major player in Abu Dhabi politics and his appointment as City chairman shows just how important we are to Abu Dhabi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.