Adblock

If you go to settings and scroll down and click on the Safari icon there is an option for blocking pop ups. Is it enabled?
Mine is and I still get the full screen ads.

I will say they have become less frequent on the iPhone but they are still bloody annoying.

I have tried Chrome and Puffin, both with similar outcomes. Chrome is a bit better in handling adverts but is slower on my iPhone 6 (wonder why) and Puffin is glitchy in general, as it is basically a screen streaming browser to allow flash, so I steer clear of it unless I want to watch a stream while commuting. I haven't tried Opera as I had tested it some months ago for general browsing and found it to be clunky and slow.

Personally, I'd rather not have to use one app for BM and another for everything else (using Puffin is already cumbersome enough).

I hate the red banner. It's basically saying if you don't watch our ads we will annoy you with this red banner anyway so you might as well watch them. I have Adblocker because I don't want ads, simple as that. Which geek came up with this annoying idea anyway ? Whoever it was is a bloody internet traffic warden. Get off my screen.

Last edited:
I hate the red banner. It's basically saying if you don't watch our ads we will annoy you with this red banner anyway so you might as well watch them. I have Adblocker because I don't want ads, simple as that. Which geek came up with this annoying idea anyway ? Whoever it was is a bloody internet traffic warden. Get off my screen.

Ha, the red banner was the least annoying of the four options it gave us, trust me. The others included something smack bang in the middle of the screen that you'd have to close on each page.

I appreciate that some users find ads annoying, but it's a necessary evil due to the costs of hosting a site like this. Every single page you view costs us in bandwidth, so we have to either recoup those costs somehow or close the site down.

I think Damocles made the analogy that using Adblock on sites you regularly use is akin to eating in a restaurant and doing a runner when the bill arrives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.