Added time

We definitely might have scored another one and an 8-2 score would've been a memer's dream but, the way we're going, I doubt it would make much of a difference towards the end of the season. 8 Games in and we're already 6 goals ahead of the "free scoring" rags and 15 ahead of spurs.
And I think we'll just take it on points anyhow.

I don't disagree with you but the point was to the poster who said it didn't matter and of course it might make a difference to where Stoke finish

There was a report recently about how long the ball is actually in play, i cant remember off the top of my head,pretty sure no club in the English top flight last season averaged more than 58.1 minutes of playing-time per game in 2016-17.. Which means we are definitely being short changed. Although as a blue at the moment we are getting our monies worth for sure. In the NFL the matches there are 60 minutes and the ball is generally in play for 11 minutes !!

I was flabbergasted myself at the 3 mins because Shakiri alone was around 5( the ref was even looking at his watch incessantly ). Then we had a few other episodes equalling a few minutes and on top of that there was their usual time wasting antics. It should of been nearer 10 but that was never gonna happen in the circumstances. I'd like to think if were chasing the game he'd have given us 6 or 7 but I just think he gave them a mercy killing. Either way, it was so good to give the backward Stokie oatcake snorting bastards a good hiding!!

Match officials making it up as they go along as usual.

I didn't particularly want any more playing time, but there were far more than 3 minutes to be added after 3 lengthy injury breaks, 5 goals scored and 4 substitutions in the half.

Is there anything in the rules or guidelines that covers this?

5402fc7a8d9be05144984b3cba7a840f6d747fba5ab57c47896aebb54107bc28.jpg

you don't need to stop the clock every time the ball goes out of play, you just need to stop it when a player is injured or for subs, the rest (including time-wasting the ref just has to be tougher on)

Match officials making it up as they go along as usual.

I didn't particularly want any more playing time, but there were far more than 3 minutes to be added after 3 lengthy injury breaks, 5 goals scored and 4 substitutions in the half.

Is there anything in the rules or guidelines that covers this?

From FIFA

Allowance for time lost

Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all time lost in that half through:
  • substitutions
  • assessment and/or removal of injured players
  • wasting time
  • disciplinary sanctions
  • stoppages for drinks or other medical reasons permitted by competition rules
  • any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)
The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.
The referee must not compensate for a timekeeping error during the first half by changing the length of the second half.

Clearly 3 mins was wrong Can't find anything thats says he can allow less if one team is getting battered

From FIFA

Allowance for time lost

Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all time lost in that half through:
  • substitutions
  • assessment and/or removal of injured players
  • wasting time
  • disciplinary sanctions
  • stoppages for drinks or other medical reasons permitted by competition rules
  • any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)
The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.
The referee must not compensate for a timekeeping error during the first half by changing the length of the second half.

Clearly 3 mins was wrong Can't find anything thats says he can allow less if one team is getting battered

Thanks for that.

I reckon the key word in all of that is "allowance".

Gives them a way of ending it without having to add on every second of time "lost". Which I suppose is sensible in the situation.

Working on what FIFA have said about injury time, if memory serves me right, it should be the following:- 30secs for each sub made, 30secs for each goal scored. So going just for the second half4 subs that is 2mins. then there was 5 goals so that is .1/2mins, plus the injury time for the Stoke player being treated and John as well. The injury time should have been about 6mins or so and not the 3mins that the ref gave. He probably felt sorry for them and blew early

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.