Ade a case for the defence - SUE EM'

It is now in the public domain, and arsenal were stupid in going about it the way they did, however common law will not transcend into fa law and its punishments. Starting a long winded legal battle, which it will undoubtedly be, is the last thing we should be doing. The lad made a mistake but take off the blue tinted glasses, i commented the same yesterday evening, he should be suspended for 3 games as it was a red card, the celebration should be put down to emotion and clatenburgs decision to issue a yellow card will be upheld............ defending one of our own goes without saying but when its wrong, its just wrong.

yea, the lad has history he,s brilliant and weve got him? and the only way you can stop him is by getting him off the pitch? i wonder where your stance would have been if he was your player? and don,t give it what about van percy ? we have a catalogue of players who have been put out of the game by really horrific fouls! which van percy tried too do, if they look at the alleged stamp they have to look at the van percy attempt to slide into his ankles which i might just add at stoke last season put adebeyour out for 2 months?quote="wandarah"]I wouldnt call that an over-reaction? It's not like I took my pants off, shat on your post, and then molested your cat.

If you guys seriously think this has legs, you're either ignorant, or deluded. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but you cannot possibly be serious.

I dont claim to know Adebayor personally, and I suspect - neither would you. However it's worth noting that he was a troublemaker at Monaco, with the Togo national team, and at Arsenal.

The lad has history. The stamp was without doubt, deliberate.[/quote]

wandarah said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Firstly, so I was correct in my original assumption that you are not a blue, "Your football club"

And my only argument is for legal action based on the publication of defamatory comments made by Van Persie on Arsenal's website.

Arsenal are currently appealing against UEFA re Eduardo's alleged dive.

TV evidence certainly supports the opinion that it was a dive. But Arsenal's appeal is based on him forever being labelled being a cheat.

You cannot accuse someone of being this/that/the other without backing it up. This is the case here.

The accusation was one of pre-meditated - that can never be proved or disproved. Thus, defamation of character.

The FA will dish out whatever populist verdict it sees fit/get away with.

But you are a very naive person if you think Arsenal do not have an agenda of their own with regards City losing their top scorer, their ringing endorsement of Van Persie's accusations.

Nah, I'm not a blue.

Arsenals appeal is based on the fact that the charge is for 'decieving the match official', which requires that they prove intent. The situation is significantly different here.

The accusation of pre-meditation can indeed be proven in this situation. I imagine the video of him stamping on Van Persie should probably cover that. Defamation of character requires that the statement significantly 'harms his reputation'. Your argument is that saying he did it deliberately, is enough.

My argument is that it is not. The FA's ruling in this situation, which, surely, must be a ban - would entirely nullify any 'case' Adebayor has.

Nah, I'm not a blue.
=================
No, you're a bitter gooner. So, we can disregard your views then....

mancunial said:
yea, the lad has history he,s brilliant and weve got him? and the only way you can stop him is by getting him off the pitch? i wonder where your stance would have been if he was your player? and don,t give it what about van percy ? we have a catalogue of players who have been put out of the game by really horrific fouls! which van percy tried too do, if they look at the alleged stamp they have to look at the van percy attempt to slide into his ankles which i might just add at stoke last season put adebeyour out for 2 months

My stance would've been the same if he was our player, although probably a little bit more ashamed. I've never really been one to defend the indefensible.

dannybcity said:
wandarah said:
No, not at all - I think the video of him clearly stamping on Van Persie should probably cover the old 'evidence' base.

Care to show me this conclusive evidence?

2ep3c6o.jpg

No?

If you're suggesting the above isn't deliberate after looking at that, then I guess we've reached an impasse here my good man.

You're right though, I imagine the angle from Mars is quite inconclusive as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.