Ads

stony

Lately some of the ads have been slowing the site down so it's almost unusable. It's like having a dial-up connection again. There are also some that are really intrusive.

20p22rc.png

The one in the above image is a pain in the fucking arse. It auto plays and then decides to cover the full screen. I've had to turn ad block back on just to post this message, otherwise the ad goes mental and freezes the whole site.

@Damocles @Ric

I'm getting ads on my phone that cover the whole screen. Can't scroll or anything, have to wait for them to finish and then close them.

EDIT: They're also seemingly opening as tabs that only have an add but the bluemoon url is the same.

Although, the redirecting ads problem seems to have been solved.

Last edited:
Lately some of the ads have been slowing the site down so it's almost unusable. It's like having a dial-up connection again. There are also some that are really intrusive.

20p22rc.png

The one in the above image is a pain in the fucking arse. It auto plays and then decides to cover the full screen. I've had to turn ad block back on just to post this message, otherwise the ad goes mental and freezes the whole site.

@Damocles @Ric

Is it the house of fraser advert?? Because that is causing me some issues today and the website to be slower the last few days.

Damocles having a real baby and neglecting his virtual baby, tut.

This is the one which made me enable AdBlock. It would reload the page but it wouldn't be the forum, just a white page and the video.

20p22rc.png

@Damocles @Ric

It seems to vary depending on which browser you are using and which version of Windows. I've just upgraded to Windows 10 with Chrome and BlueMoon is really slow at loading - tried it on Opera browser and its fine. Not sure if its connected to Flash player settings but its certainly a ball-ache.

It seems to vary depending on which browser you are using and which version of Windows. I've just upgraded to Windows 10 with Chrome and BlueMoon is really slow at loading - tried it on Opera browser and its fine. Not sure if its connected to Flash player settings but its certainly a ball-ache.
I'm on W10 and Chrome, BM was horrific with ads.

I'm on W10 and Chrome, BM was horrific with ads.
Same for me, Windows 10 and Chrome.

Although the forum has been very slow for me for quite a while, adblocker or not. Constantly have to refresh pages over and over again to get them to load be it on my phone or laptop. Don't have that with any other site, however, if I use my phone data then it's fast and normal loading wise. Which would make me think it's my internet but again BM is the only site it applies to.

Same for me, Windows 10 and Chrome.

Although the forum has been very slow for me for quite a while, adblocker or not. Constantly have to refresh pages over and over again to get them to load be it on my phone or laptop. Don't have that with any other site, however, if I use my phone data then it's fast and normal loading wise. Which would make me think it's my internet but again BM is the only site it applies to.

Ditto, Window 10 and Chrome, other sites load fine for me as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.