ADUG exposed?

Ghost in my house

I feel for these guys after today's result as they must be feeling a lot of uncertainty, insecurity and exposure to the current club set up.
What do I mean by this? You are Khaldoon Al Murabak - who do you turn to at ADUG or the MCFC board to reassure you or advise on the implecations of recent results?? ADUG and the board are (as far as I'm aware and am willing to be corrected) made up of non-footballing personel. The man with the most footballing experience is the gaffer, so you obviously can't turn to him for advice on the manager!

Are we looking at Bernard Halford as the individual with the most experience.....I certainly hope not.

I'm not daft enough to think that ADUG cannot call on external consultation, but would that body have MCFC's best interests at heart not being on the payroll?

Whether they choose to get rid of Hughes or not, I think we first need to put the chequebook away and look for....dare I say it...a director of football?? History tells us that these boys often create havoc, so do we look at a Kenyon or Parry type figure??

I'm not narcissistic enough to think I can name a man to help fill the void but would we benefit from Avram Grant as a DoF or even Houllier.
If not the DoF route then who could perform the Kenyon/Parry role??

I'm stumped......and I sure hope the Chairman doesn't feel like I do right now!

RobbieBrewer said:
Get Mourinho at the end of the season.Director of football,manager,the lot.Can't argue with his record,our fans will love him,he'll love taking on and rubbing the nose of naughty 'ikkle baconface in it with unlimited dosh,he takes us on to five years of total domination.
Your response is far too simplistic and unrealistic for what I'm talking about. Who would ADUG consult with if Jose's results were the same as the current manager?

Ghost in my house said:
I feel for these guys after today's result as they must be feeling a lot of uncertainty, insecurity and exposure to the current club set up.
What do I mean by this? You are Khaldoon Al Murabak - who do you turn to at ADUG or the MCFC board to reassure you or advise on the implecations of recent results?? ADUG and the board are (as far as I'm aware and am willing to be corrected) made up of non-footballing personel. The man with the most footballing experience is the gaffer, so you obviously can't turn to him for advice on the manager!

Are we looking at Bernard Halford as the individual with the most experience.....I certainly hope not.

I'm not daft enough to think that ADUG cannot call on external consultation, but would that body have MCFC's best interests at heart not being on the payroll?

Whether they choose to get rid of Hughes or not, I think we first need to put the chequebook away and look for....dare I say it...a director of football?? History tells us that these boys often create havoc, so do we look at a Kenyon or Parry type figure??

I'm not narcissistic enough to think I can name a man to help fill the void but would we benefit from Avram Grant as a DoF or even Houllier.
If not the DoF route then who could perform the Kenyon/Parry role??

I'm stumped......and I sure hope the Chairman doesn't feel like I do right now!

Pfft...What about the Bernsteins that meet Khaldoon on a semi-regular basis?

Maybe not even Mourinho will step up to THIS challenge as he knows failure will cost him his ego

Prestwich_Blue said:
S04 said:
Both of them actually..But Howards an obvious choice to me.
He's not the sharpest tool in the box frankly. He's a town-hall politician and would tell them whatever it was he thought they wanted to hear.

Give me David anyday of the week.
PB,
I hear what you're saying but my original point revoles around the footballing side of things, not the day-to-day running of the club and the direction/decisions the club takes.

I want to know who the chairman can currently turn to, either within ADUG or MCFC, to answer the basic questions to enable him to assess the performance of the management staff and receive sound and informed answers, questions like "How much responsibility does the manager have to take for current form?", "Are the current batch of players performing at their full capabilities on and off the pitch?", "What is the feeling amoungst the senior players?" and "Is the manager employing sound footballing tactics to raise the team from their slump?".

Who can he ask these questions of to obtain a fair and independent assessment????

Keep it in the club with the people who care the most about the club and love football. Have we got any City legends handy that are up to date with the english game. I bet King Collin would be able to shine a light failing that someone younger. A Niall Quinn type? Obviously he's holy unavailable what with sunderland.

What's Joe Royal doing these days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.