Advert bug?

Hi @Ric could you help with this?

Every website runs fine on Firefox except BM... Even when I ran in safe mode BM struggles to load (taking minutes to load up one topic) and this is due to the googleadservices.com or targetadvertising.com or something.
Basically the Advertising is slowing down the website alot.
I'vecleared the cache/cookies, everything several times....

I purposely installed Adblock Plus into Firefox about 5mins ago now and BM runs superbly, just like it did years ago.

I'm willing to pay an annual subscription or something rather than the advertising, it runs awful.

I had to disable Adblock+ to be able to reply to this topic however.

That's strange mate, I use Firefox myself and have no problems. Is it slow to load on other browsers too?

That's strange mate, I use Firefox myself and have no problems. Is it slow to load on other browsers too?

I've just turned on a Google Chromebook (which runs ChromeOS) and BM is running great. Quick, with no need for Adblock+
However with Chrome on the Laptop (running Win10) it runs the same as Firefox on the Laptop (buggy due to loading the adverts)
Looking at the settings/addons, they are the same Chrome.

I've just turned on a Google Chromebook (which runs ChromeOS) and BM is running great. Quick, with no need for Adblock+
However with Chrome on the Laptop (running Win10) it runs the same as Firefox on the Laptop (buggy due to loading the adverts)
Looking at the settings/addons, they are the same Chrome.
I've just tried Firefox myself and it's smooth on Win 10. I tried both logged in and out with no difference. I'd have a look at your extensions.

Getting a full screen advert for game of war click x to close then it asks me to download the app. Any way of getting rid of this. On iphone 5 btw

game-of-war-fire-age-game-screenshots4.png

Ditto

Clear phones cache?

That's not an unknown problem on iPhones (for a year or two at least) and is usually caused by them exploiting a java script in your browser or sometimes from downloading another game or app.

If you're all using Safari then try Opera and see if that removes it.

I've informed the ad company about this, and they're trying to isolate that rogue "Game of War" ad so they can get it removed.

Apologies for the inconvenience, will let you know once it's resolved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.