Affected by Mental Health Issues? Please support

nahnahrickyholden

If you, like many are or have been affected by mental health issues take a quick look at our petition, aimed at raising awareness and calling for more research and funds. Whether you suffer yourself, or are coping with a family member or friends struggles, show your support and together let's try and make a difference.
It takes two minutes, and feel free to leave a comment, hundreds have.
All corners of society are affected by this issue, in particular young people including my daughter who sadly took her own life two years ago, following a long struggle aged 17. We need to bring this to the forefront of everyones mind now.
Thank you
www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-increase-the-funding-for-treatment-and-research-of-mental-health-issues-in-the-uk

Signed. So sorry to hear about your loss.

There was a bit of momentum behind this issue last year, I remember The Times ran a campaign - it all seems to have come to nothing. Now we have passive campaigns promoting understanding, but in my experience, the problem isn't the general public - it's that services are massively overstretched. Whilst so many people can't get help, their problems get worse and end up affecting us all. There is precious little the general public can do to help someone who is acutely unwell, or to stop them worsening. The police used to pick up the slack in crisis care - this was highlighted, and the keeping of sufferers in cells was deemed a 'scandal'. The response to this ultimately turned out to be to stop the police helping them at all. No alternative provision was made.

The situation in this country is a scandal for the sufferers - and even taking them out of the equation, the lack of funding is just incredibly stupid.

Iv had problems when I was younger after losing a family member was in the deepest of depression for about two years but thanks to me family they dragged me out of it,here in Ireland the doctors really haven't a clue they just want rid of ya so will give ya your prescription and be on with ya

Signed. The invisible illness.

Would you take away the crutches from a man who had just damaged his leg? No you wouldn't... But if the same man had health issues with his brain he's turned away and or given shoddy treatment.

Known of too many people whose had to deal with mental health issues and the service has been piss poor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.