Affected by Mental Health Issues? Please support

Give this a little bump.
Unbelievable how many people MH issues affect both directly and indirectly. If anyone hasn't signed do so!!
Keep up the brilliant work Matt and Martina.

It is a problem that besets society and needs dealing with much earlier than openly. What got to me living in London was how many of the homeless people who were looked down on by so many as criminals, addicts or scum were there in part and in many cases mainly because of mental health issues and how many people become addicts self medicating etc. It is a problem in every facet of society and too often the attitude by non sufferers is that you can pull yourself together.

I think the real issue is if you don't suffer it is pretty much impossible to genuinely empathise or understand depression , schizophrenia, anxiety etc far far harder than any physical illness it is also far harder to not feel the negative effects yourself. The more we can al learn about it as a society and try to get an understanding like physical illness and from a young age the better.

Give this a little bump.
Unbelievable how many people MH issues affect both directly and indirectly. If anyone hasn't signed do so!!
Keep up the brilliant work Matt and Martina.
Cheers Ste. Got a mate running today in the London marathon raising funds and awareness for MIND. Please everyone continue to support this important cause and sign the petition https://www.change.org/p/david-came...nd-research-of-mental-health-issues-in-the-uk
Today we are also attending an event in Manchester in memory of Natasha Wise, yet another reminder of why what we are campaigning for is so important. Thank you everyone.

I think the real issue is if you don't suffer it is pretty much impossible to genuinely empathise or understand depression , schizophrenia, anxiety etc far far harder than any physical illness it is also far harder to not feel the negative effects yourself. The more we can al learn about it as a society and try to get an understanding like physical illness and from a young age the better.

Before I suffered serious mental distress I almost considered madness / depression etc a lifestyle choice or something, for the feckless. Nothing could be further from the truth, it is a terrifying thing that affects people from all sections of society and it is not something you in any way choose. No one should be ashamed to reach out for help, it is a brave thing to do if your pride won't let you.

Before I suffered serious mental distress I almost considered madness / depression etc a lifestyle choice or something, for the feckless. Nothing could be further from the truth, it is a terrifying thing that affects people from all sections of society and it is not something you in any way choose. No one should be ashamed to reach out for help, it is a brave thing to do if your pride won't let you.
Exactly but it is vital that non sufferers as well as sufferers get good education and all the myths and misinformation need to be debunked. I really hope we continue to do much more and invest much more. I think society overall would gain hugely as so many other problems we face around addiction, performance at work, other health issues etc have a basis in mental Health issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.