After school/ Saturday jobs you did as a kid.

Sports shop. Got discount which was great.

Anyone have a paperound?? Not the MEN but the free paper with a load of leaflets and wickes catalogues??

Used to climb into Lee's brewery on a Thursday night at Greengate and unload several crates of Breakers and Red Stripe which were due to be delivered on the Friday morning. Those were sold on jubilee park on a weekend. Also got into the chocolate distribution centre on the industrial site in heywood which was always worth a few quid selling at dinner time and break time in school.
What can I say? I was a cheeky little tinker off Langley..

The lad who delivers the 'news' on our street gets driven rnd by his dad the lazy cnut. No work ethic in some of these kids..
Working in Worsley for the past 8 months the amount of times I have seen the same two mothers doing their kids paper rounds. I shake my head and laugh now when they try and make excuses for their offspring and I tell them I would not have it. I feel like telling them their kids are lazy bastards and that they are running rings around them but I will still see them a few days later come rain or shine struggling to fit the Times through some letter box.

Paper round every morning before school in all weathers, and on Sunday, Saturday job down the market.
I can remember it being shit money, but at least I earned it and knew what graft was from an early age.
Trying to explain that I don't have a bottomless bank account to my eldest, and he can't have what he wants is getting a bit trying, especially as I'm trying to get him to earn any treat he gets, be that with good behaviour, helping out around the house, or setting a good example to his younger brother!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.