Agents sabotaging City transfers?

Young Blue

City have a poor relationship with several prominent agents. Will it cost us with delayed and failed transfers this window?

The Laporte transfer seemed to be very likely, until Jorge Mendes was involved for Laporte.

Mendes is a “super agent” who has been described as “the most powerful main in football”. He has over 70 clients including Mourinho, Ronaldo, James Rodriguez and Mangala. United believe he is crucial to them getting the world’s best players.

We've great relationships with the top 6 agents in the game. So much so, we refuse to handle business on any transfer not involving them apparently.

This is why Mendes(wasn't it, or Mino?) was drafted in to take over negotiations from Otamendi's agent.

Not at all. Agents are after one thing and one thing only, and that's money. And our club has loads of it.

We've great relationships with the top 6 agents in the game. So much so, we refuse to handle business on any transfer not involving them apparently.

This is why Mendes(wasn't it, or Mino?) was drafted in to take over negotiations from Otamendi's agent.
That contradicts several comments previously made in the Laporte thread:
Mendes is his agent, and he is helping united with deals his summer apparently, so this probs wont happen.
22/5/16
My guess here is that Laportes move to Jorge Mendes as his agent is most likely the reason this deal fell through. The super agent who also represents Mourinho most likely got involved to stop this move and help his mate Mourinho. Befor this fell through the rags seal the deal for Bailly a viable alternative.

The rags close connection to Mendes could be of benefit to them I fear.
14/6/16
That sounds feasible to me.

edit...especially because we were rumoured to be looking at Bailly too
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I thought we didn't deal with Mendes?

That contradicts several comments previously made in the Laporte thread:
22/5/16
14/6/16
Still doesn't make sense as everybody thought Mangala was dead set on Chelsea and we signed him. The Laporte stuff just sounds like a conspiracy theory to explain the change of heart. Agents follow the money but ultimately the player signs where he wants. We offered more money than what Bilbao offered allegedly and he still stayed.

Agreed they know we'll offer the player much more than most clubs.
Rags will be splashing the cash more than us. They can offer more because FFP favours them and they will likely have to offer more because they have europa league rather than CL. They probably will give agents more money also!

Still doesn't make sense as everybody thought Mangala was dead set on Chelsea and we signed him. The Laporte stuff just sounds like a conspiracy theory to explain the change of heart. Agents follow the money but ultimately the player signs where he wants. We offered more money than what Bilbao offered allegedly and he still stayed.
Some players do what their agents tell them to do, and some players follow the money also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.