Agents sabotaging City transfers?

This is one of the most bizarre things I have ever read.
Any quotes from Mourinho?
In addition to the quotes from @Plain Speaking above from 2014, he was moaning again in 2015 that he couldnt buy Pogba-
"The young France midfielder Pogba remains on every club’s wishlist yet his midfield talents would only enhance Mourinho’s crop. Wonderful to get someone of his calibre in; not a disaster, however, if nothing materialises. “Pogba is not to put pressure on people,” Mourinho says. “Pogba is one of the top players in the world. Pogba goes to any team and improves that team automatically. If he stays at Juventus, Juventus will be very strong again. If he goes somewhere else he will improve immediately a team. This is not our case. We are changing Cech for Begovic, we are changing Didier for Falcao and we are changing kids by other kids. I think everybody has an interest in Pogba. But there are things you can do and things you cannot do. I love the Eiffel Tower but I can’t have the Eiffel Tower in my garden. I can’t even have the Eiffel Tower of Las Vegas.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/18/chelsea-jose-mourinho-big-spending-manchester

In addition to the quotes from @Plain Speaking above from 2014, he was moaning again in 2015 that he couldnt buy Pogba-
"The young France midfielder Pogba remains on every club’s wishlist yet his midfield talents would only enhance Mourinho’s crop. Wonderful to get someone of his calibre in; not a disaster, however, if nothing materialises. “Pogba is not to put pressure on people,” Mourinho says. “Pogba is one of the top players in the world. Pogba goes to any team and improves that team automatically. If he stays at Juventus, Juventus will be very strong again. If he goes somewhere else he will improve immediately a team. This is not our case. We are changing Cech for Begovic, we are changing Didier for Falcao and we are changing kids by other kids. I think everybody has an interest in Pogba. But there are things you can do and things you cannot do. I love the Eiffel Tower but I can’t have the Eiffel Tower in my garden. I can’t even have the Eiffel Tower of Las Vegas.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/18/chelsea-jose-mourinho-big-spending-manchester

Any quotes that relate to your comment?

"Mourinho was complaining at Chelsea he could not compete with the rags' spending power".

Any quotes that relate to your comment?

"Mourinho was complaining at Chelsea he could not compete with the rags' spending power".
Try reading the links from 2014 and 2015 @Plain Speaking has quoted some on the previous page. "
We are making money to be able to spend money. In every transfer window Chelsea is losing players, is selling players,' Mourinho told Eurosport.

Chelsea's commercial revenue is far behind that of Manchester United - who have spent big on the likes of Di Maria and Luke Shaw during the summer - with the Blues bringing in just £30m a season from a kit deal with Adidas compared to United's new £75m-a-year sponsorship.

'So Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Manchester (United) – all these huge teams, I think they have an advantage.'

also " "I love the Eiffel Tower but I can’t have the Eiffel Tower in my garden."

Try reading the links from 2014 and 2015 @Plain Speaking has quoted some on the previous page. "
We are making money to be able to spend money. In every transfer window Chelsea is losing players, is selling players,' Mourinho told Eurosport.

Chelsea's commercial revenue is far behind that of Manchester United - who have spent big on the likes of Di Maria and Luke Shaw during the summer - with the Blues bringing in just £30m a season from a kit deal with Adidas compared to United's new £75m-a-year sponsorship.

'So Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Manchester (United) – all these huge teams, I think they have an advantage.'

also " "I love the Eiffel Tower but I can’t have the Eiffel Tower in my garden."

Yeah mate. I just read the post from plain speaking. I wasn't about to go searching for posts from 2014. I just asked if you had quotes.
As for as the eiffel tower thing goes, I thought he was talking about buying Pogba. I don't think he was saying I can't compete with united for pogba.

Yeah mate. I just read the post from plain speaking. I wasn't about to go searching for posts from 2014. I just asked if you had quotes.
As for as the eiffel tower thing goes, I thought he was talking about buying Pogba. I don't think he was saying I can't compete with united for pogba.
In 2014 Mourinho was complaining that huge clubs ...like "United"...had an advantage with FFP, that their income, and hence spending power, would exceed Chelsea's for the foreseeable future?
In 2015 he said Chelsea couldn't afford to buy Pogba, his "Eiffel Tower", (nor as it happened Stones!).

United have the most income from all the PL clubs. Maybe Real or Barca might have more attraction for most players? However, if United decide to spend their income, under FFP rules they can outbid us. Mourihno and Mendes know that.

Last edited:
In 2014 Mourinho was complaining that huge clubs ...like "United"...had an advantage with FFP, that their income, and hence spending power, would exceed Chelsea's for the foreseeable future?
In 2015 he said Chelsea couldn't afford to buy Pogba, his "Eiffel Tower", (nor as it happened Stones!).

United have the most income from all the PL clubs. Maybe Real or Barca might have more attraction for most players? However, if United decide to spend their income, under FFP rules they can outbid us. Mourihno and Mendes know that.
Deary me. Haven't you got a pillow that needs biting?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.