Aggravated Burglary

Southern

Don't know if Armed Robbery is the right term.

But in the past couple of days, the house which I live in was broken into. The two female relatives I live with were home. This was daytime.

the leader beat one of my relatives quite badly. They were armed with tools. They were gone within minutes once they got what they wanted.

Police team were around within minutes. The damage could have been worse, luckily nothing serious. Obviously this has traumatised them. I was out at work and only found out in the evening. It has shaken me too and can't stop thinking about it/feeling angry.

Anyone got any words of support? I believe in positive thinking and am praying these men are caught and put away.

In the suburbs in south-east London/Kent border
That's hellish fella. All you can do is support those who've been affected by it - I know that includes you, but you're the bloke and I'm guessing (it would be in my case) you'll be expected to be the strong one. Also, I'm sure the police will give you details of support that will be available in the local community.

Human shit everywhere you look mate. Hope the trauma passes for the ladies.

Sounds targeted, did they come for something in particular?

Human shit everywhere you look mate. Hope the trauma passes for the ladies.

Sounds targeted, did they come for something in particular?
Yes, for gold jewellery. Luckily we are not rich...British South Asians are particularly targeted for this (but I am wondering how they targeted us specifically as the road and area is majority white) Just grateful it wasn't worse.

Only when something like this affects you personally does reality hit home about crime.
We're obviously reviewing security etc, and it is a lesson to learn from for the future.

Yes, for gold jewellery. Luckily we are not rich...British South Asians are particularly targeted for this (but I am wondering how they targeted us specifically as the road and area is majority white) Just grateful it wasn't worse.
Sorry for what has happened. This has occurred a lot where I live and some police reckon these thugs are using the electoral register to target victims.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.