Aggravated Burglary

2004 was 13 years ago, mate. Sentences were generally much lower back then. The current starting point for a group/gang aggravated burglary where the occupants are at home is ten years after a trial.

I was just stating the minimum and how it was derived (which still applies), it is impossible to comment on the OPs without any facts.

AB is an odd one, it isn't just used for 'burglars'.

The 'minimum' as you describe it cannot and will not apply to the offence as described in the OP.

That has no relevance to what I posted, which was factually based as stated, and something lived through not so long ago. Not looking for a petty argument :)

Thanks mate. All I can is that we keep a low profile and know no one else affected. Any jewellery we have is not on display. I think we have been targeted either through electerol role and/or because we live in an affluent area and maybe they are targeting Asians in these areas like you and someone else mentioned. They thought no one was home but were wrong. But they were prepared to be violent if needed.

The main reason this type of offence is on the increase is the fact that the price of precious metal has soared in recent times and it's easy to shift.

There are a number of companies who will send you an envelope and take the gold no questions asked. They pay decent money for the weigh in and then smelt it down so its neither traceable or recoverable.

As well as these companies there will always be people who will fence the stolen gold on the quiet, purporting to be legitimate second hand goods dealers. It rarely ends up in Pawn Shops or Cash Converters/Generators due to its distinctiveness and that the person pawing it has to provide identification in order to do so.

It's a shame that decent hardworking people like yourselves are targeted by pond life who think they have the right to invade your home, traumatise your family and then help themselves to your belongings. I hope they catch the twats and throw the book at them.

The main reason this type of offence is on the increase is the fact that the price of precious metal has soared in recent times and it's easy to shift.

There are a number of companies who will send you an envelope and take the gold no questions asked. They pay decent money for the weigh in and then smelt it down so its neither traceable or recoverable.

As well as these companies there will always be people who will fence the stolen gold on the quiet, purporting to be legitimate second hand goods dealers. It rarely ends up in Pawn Shops or Cash Converters/Generators due to its distinctiveness and that the person pawing it has to provide identification in order to do so.

It's a shame that decent hardworking people like yourselves are targeted by pond life who think they have the right to invade your home, traumatise your family and then help themselves to your belongings. I hope they catch the twats and throw the book at them.

Asian gold is particularly appealing to thieves. It's very high gold content, so you get a lot for a little when scrapped, it also usually forms part of a wedding dowry so most families tend to possess some.
Regulations regarding gold buying are far stricter than they used to be with regard to 'know your customer' due to the anti money laundering regulations. I don't know of any online gold buying company that would pay out in cash, it would either be by bank transfer or cheque.

Asian gold is particularly appealing to thieves. It's very high gold content, so you get a lot for a little when scrapped, it also usually forms part of a wedding dowry so most families tend to possess some.
Regulations regarding gold buying are far stricter than they used to be with regard to 'know your customer' due to the anti money laundering regulations. I don't know of any online gold buying company that would pay out in cash, it would either be by bank transfer or cheque.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, as i might be a bit out of date with my experience. I do however recall around six or seven years ago my wife weighed in a load of scrap gold jewellery and just got a cheque in the post. No doubt they have tightened it up as it was a bit of a free for all at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.