Aguero , Fernandinho , and Merlin Silva...........

Bluep*ss

These 3 players have given sterling service to the team for the last few years.
They will need replacing some time soon.
Will City continue on its upward curve ? - and who do you see replacing these City legends.?

I don’t know, but now you’ve brought it up I’m going to go and have a little cry in the corner.

These 3 players have given sterling service to the team for the last few years.
They will need replacing some time soon.
Will City continue on its upward curve ? - and who do you see replacing these City legends.?

Kane for Kun
Silva for Silva
? for Dino.
Anyone have views on Dembelle at Rotten Ham Cock Spurts.......Yaya light ?

Long term, Bernardo is the Silva replacement, Jesus for Aguero but would expect a Dinho style player to come this summer as he's on his own really and isn't getting any younger.

All are Amazing servants to the club. Will be a sad day when they eventually do leave. I love Aguero, obviously. He's probably the Global icon of the club for the 93.20 moment. Dinho has been excellent in the main too. But David Silva for me is our greatest ever player, An absolute magician. I like many others I suspect am dreading the day he leaves. Got a tear in my eye thinking about it.... soft bastard I know!

Realistically we will never find a replacement for Dave, simply the greatest player to ever play for the club

Is Bernardo really seen by Pep as replacement for Silva? Pep always talks about Bernardo as being an attacking player. And when Merlin has been absent this season, hasn't Pep tended to pick Gundogan as his replacement?

I'm sure the hope is that Foden will eventually replace Silva. Pep has said that Silva will not play any more games next season than this and I expect Pep will use Foden a fair bit when Silva is given a rest. Whether Foden can make that step up remains to be seen. But I expect Pep will give him every chance before we bring anyone else in.

Is Bernardo really seen by Pep as replacement for Silva? Pep always talks about Bernardo as being an attacking player. And when Merlin has been absent this season, hasn't Pep tended to pick Gundogan as his replacement?

I'm sure the hope is that Foden will eventually replace Silva. Pep has said that Silva will not play any more games next season than this and I expect Pep will use Foden a fair bit when Silva is given a rest. Whether Foden can make that step up remains to be seen. But I expect Pep will give him every chance before we bring anyone else in.

Bernardo's young right now, probably best allowing his to play with attacking freedom. Remember Silva himself didn't play for us centrally for many years when he was younger. However, from what I've seen so far, Bernardo seems as close as we're going to get to a like for like replacement. Maybe not for right now, but in the future I can see it for sure.

Realistically we will never find a replacement for Dave, simply the greatest player to ever play for the club
Yep - he’s one of a kind.

Bernardo could do a similar role but he seems more of a pacy, wing-type version of Dave.

I'd love to see Fodan eventually become good enough to fill Silva's boots.
Mbappe for Aguero? Can't see it but it'd be nice.
I'm hoping that Fernandinho's future replacement will be bought this summer, whoever that might be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.