Aguero , Fernandinho , and Merlin Silva...........

Dembele was a cracking player at Fulham but he’s never really shown it at Spurs and he’s 31 in a few weeks

The love in for Dembele really pisses me off. He's the most limited player you'll ever see get praised. He's not a defensive midfielder. He can't attack, he definitely won't get you a goal or assist. He can't even pick a nice pass.

What he does well is use his physicality to resist pressing and tackles brillaintly and his dribbling is useful for going from defence to attack quickly - which is a great thing to be able to do, but that's all he does.

If you added that to Fernandinho you'd probably get the perfect player for us, but it would be 90% Fernandinho, 10% Dembele.

Isco or Bernardo could be Silva’s replacement but I think it will be many years before we see a more stylish player than him in a city shirt.

Perhaps I am showing my lack of football knowledge but I consider Fernandinho to be most complete midfielder in game. Thus, it won’t be easy to find another player who offers as much as he does.

Jesus could potentially have a similar goals per game ratio to Aguero but I don’t see the same explosiveness and game changing ability in his game right now.

In short, it will be extremely hard to replace them in my view.

correct.

isco will be the one to try.

Isco is too old and doesn't strike me as the type to stick around long enough.

To replace Silva you need to get one of the most talented #10's of his generation, get him to the club at 23/24 then wait 10 years and 350 games.

It's not impossible, not with the club where it is now, but it's really hard and it might take 10-20 years. Even then, Merlin will probably benefit from being a part of that first successful post-takeover team and be more revered, but who knows what future sides might do.

I think replace is probably the wrong word for this topic anyway. Succeed is probably a better one.

Add Kompany to that list as well, gonna be interesting how the club deals with this over the next 2 seasons. All have been instrumental to our success but they are likely to be out of the team over the next 2 years. I think we will look at buying a couple of replacement players each summer but I think we may see a couple of departures as well. I cant imagine we would have 3 or 4 of these legends all having a Yaya type season.

I seem to recall the same panic over replacing Yaya a few years ago. It just happens, we won't get like for like in all 3 roles but we will be fine and all 4 players (Inc Yaya) will be very much missed and fondly remembered by me.
Saying that, I've just spent an hour watching 2012 vids in preparation for tomorrow a bit pissed with tears in my eyes.

I know I started this thread but I wish to say - Please Aguero get that 200th goal - maybe at the start of next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.