Aguero banned for three games (updated)

Agreed but its not unique to City just the first time its really affected us. The process needs looking at, but in all honesty it is difficult to see a fairer system unless panels of referees view each and every game.

Well maybe they should review each and every game, why not? They are 'ex' referees after all so should be glad of the work - I'd rather that than pick and chose depending on the profile of the game. It's ridiculous that they use technology for some things and not others, should be all or nothing

Well fuck. Honestly, Kun deserved a red and a ban, but the timing is shit.

Luckily, Pep has basically 2 weeks to adjust and is more than capable of setting the team up in a way to win without Kun.

Wouldn't it be nice if Aguero just had to sit out these international matches? If only....

Agreed but its not unique to City just the first time its really affected us. The process needs looking at, but in all honesty it is difficult to see a fairer system unless panels of referees view each and every game.

It's not fit for purpose, you either review all games or none. Be interested how these "laws" are applied in other European Leagues. Sky and the Press Pack run our league, not the FA.

Taking this individual incident and judging it alone, even though Marriner is either:
a) a liar
b)incompetent

Aguero looks to have taken a swing at the lad. Now looking like taking a swing and actually taking a swing are two different things, if you've played the game at any decent level you will have pushed your arm back in a similar method when trying to protect yourself against someone intent on bullying you off the ball all game (as is the right of any tough tackler). It seems like he's naturally tried to give him a shove push back but the clenching of the fist and the angle his arm ends up at makes it look like he's trying to elbow him. I'd say it has to be a ban, unfortunately.

Now as a club we should make a point to mention Marriner in all this as well as asking that all further incidents get the same treatment.

No way aguero would have missed the derby. You mad?

I think he might have. The mönchengladbach is THE critical game of the champions league initial league and PEP knows it.
We don't have to win on Sunday but we 100% have to win on Wednesday against a better team than United.

I think he might have. The mönchengladbach is THE critical game of the champions league initial league and PEP knows it.
We don't have to win on Sunday but we 100% have to win on Wednesday against a better team than United.

Whats happening Sunday?

So the FA have changed the rules for :

Ben Thatcher (granted he deserved it but still they changed the rules to ban him)
Adebayor (pitch slide punished with a yellow card during the game but still band him for 2 games)
Aguero (clearly seen by ref but hey ho it's us so let's change the rules)

I'm sure they're others as well

If ever you are booked for speeding, just tell them others were going faster.

Good luck.

Personally, I think the derby is a bigger game, and United are better than B. MGBach. In past couple years I may have agreed with you but unfortunately I don't think United are not the shit team they've been the last few seasons.

So the FA have changed the rules for :

Ben Thatcher (granted he deserved it but still they changed the rules to ban him)
Adebayor (pitch slide punished with a yellow card during the game but still band him for 2 games)
Aguero (clearly seen by ref but hey ho it's us so let's change the rules)

I'm sure they're others as well

Do I not recall SWP being retrospectively banned in the past?

Edit: Story HERE

Last edited:
I'm away in Spain and only just seen the news, it's disgraceful! It's blatantly obviously corrupt! I watch rugby league as a student helens fan and exactly the same happened last week, they were due the Derby with Wigan and the Saint main man got banned for the game due to the sky panel making a major issue of it. The sky panel are all ex Wigan players and so are the disciplinary panel! Do you want to ban their best player for the Derby against you? Saints lost the game as they had no playmaker, when they would've been favourite beforehand, here we go again, Sergio is not the best all and end all but it does weaken us and give them a leg up and a boost. Let's have big nose banned for them to even things up!!!.if they get anything out of this game then it will be tainted but they don't care! We still have more than enough to wipe the floor with them, but I would prefer to totally destroy them. Too many deluded rags at work we need to destroy them to shut the up.

Personally, I think the derby is a bigger game, and United are better than B. MGBach. In past couple years I may have agreed with you but unfortunately I don't think United are not the shit team they've been the last few seasons.

You obviously have not been watching them ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.